[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I really do it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1464479929614.png (4MB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1464479929614.png
4MB, 1600x1067px
Guys I think I need to move out of my parent's house. I just feel like too much of a loser, and I want to be able to live a proper sex life during my prime years, at least for a little while.

Do you guys think it's worth struggling financially for the sake of living independently? I'm not impoverished or anything, but I'll have to be considerably more careful with my budgeting.
>>
If you're in college, get a roommate. Otherwise skip the country to some place with cheaper rent then come back when you save up enough to live until you are able to get not-min-wage.
>>
>>17980027
Well, I was thinking of transferring within my job to a less expensive city. I make $13 per hour, and was hoping to find a place for less than $750 monthly rent.

Not in college, working on an online business.
>>
>>17980042
$750 could net you a decent apartment in a major city in most countries. We only have it so bad because our government is(was) as corrupt as the bankers who caused that mortgage crisis. Otherwise there are quite a few irrelevant cities all over the country you can scout out.
>>
>>17980081
You know, this is part of the reason I stayed with my parents for so long (I'm in my early twenties). By paying extortionate rent it feels like I would be playing into the hands of whoever is screwing my generation over (I don't really know who is at fault and everyone seems to have different theories about the housing bubble so I won't open that can of worms).

However, I'm starting to feel like it's not worth hibernating in my safe nest and missing out on life. I don't want to have regrets about wasting my youth.
>>
>>17980101
Roommate.
Also it was the Jews.
>>
Has nobody picked up on OP's reason for moving out? If a girl has not taken you home at this time of your life, what makes you think they are gonna want to go home with you. Find a better reason to move out or you will just experience next level loneliness and poverty. In the meantime groom yourself and shower and look good/ smell good. Etc. Also use a motel for one night stand type things and save in the long run. Now for the financial advice. You are safer to move out when you have 6 months of rent saved up after you pay your first and last months deposit. Do not rush.
>>
>>17980125
Why would a girl take a guy home? Gender roles are a thing. If they weren't, overprotective enablers who would probably actually try to ground the guy are.
>>
>>17980125
You're assuming a lot here. How do you know I don't take showers or groom myself?

It just really hurts your game when in the back of your mind you know you can't take a girl home. Plus, the instant it comes up in conversation that you live with your parents, it's pretty much over.
>>
" Find a better reason to move out or you will just experience next level loneliness and poverty"

This. Moving out seems like the answer lots of the time. I lived on my own for years and I mostly stared at my computer and talked to my cats. Really - have a good reason. "I play the game better" isn't wrong exactly - but it isn't going to be the lifestyle you actually want once you get it. IMHO.
>>
>>17980042
I make $22 / hr (only work 35 hours per week though) and struggle a bit with $750/mo rent. It depends on your landlord, but a lot of complexes nickel and dime the shit out of you so my $750/mo is really more like $860. My take home is about $1100 per check so 40% of my take home money goes towards rent.

Good luck to you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.