[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would I be a scumbag if I took something back from someone who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: 1457081815638.png (151KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1457081815638.png
151KB, 400x400px
Would I be a scumbag if I took something back from someone who took the thing from me, and that this person, albeit propping up their lifestyle, depends on this thing since they would refuse to realize the reality that they would need to reduce their propped up lifestyle?
>>
>>17977720
>Would I be a scumbag if

Your a scumbag for posting this jumbled mess of a sentence here
>>
>>17977720
>Anonymous website.
>Still fucks around and plays the pronoun game
How about youu just say what the fuck is happening.
>>
File: 1482703669686.jpg (72KB, 905x768px) Image search: [Google]
1482703669686.jpg
72KB, 905x768px
>>17977726
>>
>>17977741
>had thing
>someone had window of chance to take thing from me
>there's nothing i could do
>now person "depends" on thing
>but really would have to adjust to a different lifestyle
>i have the window of chance to take the thing back
>but the window is closing
>dunno if this is a scumbag thing to do or not
>but isn't it scumbaggy to have taken the thing from me in the first place?
>>
Why don't you want to tell us what the thing is? You are ANONYMOUS here.
>>
>>17977759
cause it's not relevant
>>
>>17977761
If will certainly help us to understand your situation. I don't understand how someone can steal something from you and then become dépendant on it.
>>
>>17977720
are you a guy or a girl holyfuck
>>
>>17977763
that's not relevant, tho
>>
>>17977768
the question and, subsequently, the answer to the question are not relevant.
>>
>>17977772
Ok then. Good luck getting advice.
>>
>>17977787
I agree with this guy
>>
Like how the fuck does someone only have a "window" of chance to take something. Why only in that timeframe. Why do you now have the window to take it back? Quit being a bitch and tell us this shit.
>>
>>17977720
>>17977748
Is this a fucking riddle? Do we get a pot of gold if we figure out what the thing is or something?
>>
Op is gollum irl
>>
>>17977909
kek
>>
>>17977720
penisssssss
>>
>>17977909
haha
>>
>>17977909
of fucking course Gollum is a 4channer
>>
>>17977759
I feel like it's "girlfriend"
>>
>>17977720
OK, OP, without knowing what the hell we're talking about, because you refuse to tell us, here's an answer.

If the "thing" is yours, take it back. The other person lived without it before, and will just have to learn to live without it again. The mere fact that they've had it for a while gives them no legitimacy for keeping it.

Now will you tell us what the hell we're talking about?
>>
>>17977998
The thing is clearly another person who has their own agency and can make their own decisions. OP doesn't want us taking that into account so he's being vague.

Fuck OP.
>>
>>17977761
We really can't gauge what "depends on" means if you aren't more specific. Also, I'm willing to bet you're being like this because it's a person and not a thing
>>
>>17978001
And I bet the window is closing because they're getting married haha
>>
>>17978061
Yeah.

Scumbag OP is scumbag.
>>
if you can live without this thing. Then don't be a dickweed and let him keep it. Also quit being a bitch and stop being vague.
>>
>>17977720
You shouldn't try to steal her back because she deserves better than someone who thinks of her as a "thing"
>>
>>17977787
>>17977898
>>17977905
>>17977906
>>17977909
>>17977996
>>17977998
>>17978001
>>17978043
>>17978061
>>17978068
>>17978254

It's literally not relelvant, though. I can answer your question, and then you'll find another question to ask, ignoring to answer my question in the first place. This board isn't "Hey, I want details on other people's lives so I can live vicariously though them" it's "ADVICE".

>wahhh
>he didn't give me super personal details
>FUCK HIM NO ADVICE MOMMY!!!! THERES SOMEONE NOT PLAYING BY MY RULES!!!
>>
>>17978061
LMAO OP is pathetic

>>17978454
>I can answer your question, and then you'll find another question to ask

Have you ever been here before? That almost never happened.
>>
>>17978459
What's pathetic is that no one can infer that "propped up lifestyle" is the major clue.
>>
>>17978454
Everyone knows the "thing" is a person already, stop trying to pretend that you're a decent human being and lay it out there so we can properly give you advice about how exactly to kill yourself for treating that person as a thing
>>
>>17978463
>come ask people for advice

>What's pathetic is that no one can infer some clue I gave about my problem

This has to be one of the dumbest OP in /adv/'s history
>>
>>17978468
It's funny how entitled you are.

>>17978479
Yes, this board is a board for advice, not crying like a bitch baby because you didn't get certain details you wanted because this board revolves around OP answering irrelevant questions that ultimately don't give any advice. I have made threads before and could only answer people's question because, hey, I figured they wanted to give some advice. Nope, the threads always end up getting bumped off the last page after no one actually answers any of my questions and keep only asking more question, while making the wrong inferences. I can try to plainly state every single possible detail so that you, somehow lacking major reading comprehension skills yet still able to read, can't possibly go off on an irrelevant tangent, but it's never happened.
>>
>>17978454
Context matters if you want to get good advice.

>I'm having this problem with my girlfriend should I break up with her?
I don't know what's the problem?
>That isn't relevant, I just want to know if I should break up with her!
We can't give you advice without that
>Entitled much? I'm not going to answer your questions about it

The answers run the gamut, maybe the problem with the girlfriend is that would-be OP's an insecure bitch who assumes his girlfriend is cheating every time she leaves the house and he needs to get help and work on that shit. Maybe the girlfriend is threatening to kill him and herself every time OP doesn't do something just-so. Maybe it's just a normal argument and OP wants advice on how to make things right again, not how to break up.

You're not giving us any information to work with. We don't know what this thing was, how integral it was to your life, whether it really, truly belonged to you or if it's a person as other Anons believe. We don't know if this other person truly life-or-death depends on it. You're either trying to obfuscate the matter because you're trying to get us to validate a specific answer that we won't otherwise, or because you're so fucking paranoid that we'll recognize who you are based off of the few details you give us to work with. Whichever the case is, we cannot help you if you do not answer us and give us enough barebones details to work with that we can make an accurate assessment of scumbaggery.
>>
>>17978584
"propped up" is your clue. What do you think was propped up in 2008 when certain things were failing? What do you think this thing was that propped those people up?

Literally, the question is this: Am I a scumbag for taking back something that was taken from me, yet, this person now made themselves dependent on it due to the fact that they'd run their finances into the ground because they are FISCALLY irresponsible.

This board literally needs to be shut down. It's only trolls. Like, you ALMOST got under my skin, kiddo.
>>
>>17978529
>inferences
Are subjective, it's really retarded to expect multiple people with different background to infer the same thing about some vague personal problem, and then get mad because of "wrong" inferences.

>I can try to plainly state every single possible details
But you haven't, so whatever followed is clearly just your own projection of your mental capability, a pitiful attempt to insult people because they point out how stupid and ill defined your question is. No one is as frustrated about this as you are so it's kinda funny when you cry like a bitch baby lashing out at anons, and your problem remains ;)

>Yes
At least we agreed. Your brain needs to be shutdown.
>>
>>17978605
The thing is, is that people have already been projecting by saying there's a girl involved and that I need to kill myself. It's funny how insecure trolls don't realize they are just projecting their own insecurities by projecting them onto other people's problems.

>hah, this person has a problem in their life
>like, their life isn't perfect
>and it must be a girl cause hah!!
>>
>>17978596
>What do you think was propped up in 2008 when certain things were failing?
This is currently the most information you've given by a large margin. But why do we need to play guessing games?

Anyway, in short your answer depends on whether the person taking it was morally/legally in the wrong. And for that matter HOW you would be able to get it back and whether you care enough about the person to not do anything in defense of them. We could try to help point you if we had more information.
>>
File: leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif (473KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif
473KB, 320x240px
>>
>>17978626
Morally, they were wrong, legally, however, the person who entitled me the thing didn't do so by the books because they were old and easily manipulated by the person who took the thing from me and thought their word was a legal standing. I, as well, wouldn't legally be doing anything wrong, which is why the window is still open. When it closes, then it would be illegal for me to take it back.

>old person says im giving this to anon
>asks another person what the best way to do that is
>get told that things can be trusted
>SOMEONE ELSE, who isn't related to the old person, decides to entitle himself to the thing cause he needs it for his own fiscal irresponsibility
>>
>>17978643
I would say that yes, it's okay to do given what information you've given us.

Here's my question to you, you're morally in the right for taking it back. Can you live with yourself if you do? You voiced the concern that it would ruin their life/maybe their lives if a family is involved. That is possibly true, although people bounce back even when hit hard. On the flip side if this person is truly going to be screwed over for life, and you knew that ahead of time with 100% certainty, would you be able to sleep well at night? I'm not making a value judgement either way. If you feel you're okay with it and it won't cause you guilt, you should do it. But if you would feel guilt, weigh how bad it would be and if it's worth going through.

Off the subject at hand, I would also like to add as a future piece of information that being civil on /adv/ and that giving more detailed information on /adv/ will get you much further, even if you're not happy with the direction of the thread. You're still being really secretive about the details and I'm not quite sure why, but most people will not have the patience or desire to help you if that's how you approach things, especially if it was as secretive as you started out and as hostile as you became.
>>
>>17978529
Jesus fucking CHRIST. This may be the most autistic reply I've read on this site.
>>
>>17978669
This is probably the tenth attempt on this question using as many details or no details at all. Everyone would rather project their own insecurities instead of actually comprehending what they're reading and understanding the point of the board.

Notice how most people in this board equate a "thing" to a "girl"? That's them projecting, and it's not the point of this thread for them to assume details and get into a hissy fit when they don't get them
>>
>>17978718
No one would have made that guess had you been concrete in what this thing was from the start though. People have to make assumptions when you are secretive, and given the nature of the posters on this board, and the fact you were so secretive about it, it's not /that/ crazy of a conclusion to come to.

You do make it very hard to advise you with all the secrecy. Anyway, good luck with your problem.
>>
>>17978725
when i am concrete about the details, they still want even more concrete details. The thread always ends up being purged after I answer all the questions asked of me, in a thread that I started on a board meant for people seeking advice.

Watch this.

The "thing" is money.
>>
>>17978718
I'm a girl and I thought you were talking about a girl lol. I've seen many guys about girls like that. Your blushing animu picture didn't help either
>>
>>17978760
Is whatever quantity of money it is worth your time/effort in pursuing it? Is it reasonable legally to pursue it? If so go get it back.

If the person is someone you know and it would cause a rift in your family (yes, they fucked up, but other relatives might see you as just extending it and digging up old wounds, or further drawing a line in the sand), or cause severe harm to that person or their children, weigh those things first and decide whether it is worth it. Pretty simple.
>>
File: 1467948200559.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1467948200559.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>17978792
So, what you're saying, is that it's not a scumbag thing to do to take back something that someone took from you.

>>17978789
This is the projection I'm talking about.
>>
>>17978760
Unless it will allow you to do something important for you, I would just walk away from the whole matter. Money comes and goes, no need to waste your health and time on needless drama
>>
>>17978834
It's an amount that would change everything for the better.
>>
>>17978836
Is this generic increase in lifestyle important to you?
>>
>>17978840
Quite, so, sure. It would mean a lot more freedom and the ability to make even more money than I would in five years.
>>
>>17978760
Well, take it back m8.
If it was stolen from you, get it the fuck back.

Why this person's financial well being important to you anyways?
>>
Just take it.
If ""person"" took it from you and now taking it back is better for ""person"" then it'd be good if you took it, if the window is closed, use the door
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.