[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I build a new gaming PC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: BALLIN'.gif (2MB, 400x216px) Image search: [Google]
BALLIN'.gif
2MB, 400x216px
TL;DR Last January I had to sell my gaming PC for IRL bullshit reasons and haven't played any games in a year.

I'm getting $5,000 in college grants in two weeks and I'm not sure if I should build a $1,500 or $3,000 one.

All I want it to play at 60+ FPS on my 144hz monitor with settings on 'High' but not 'Ultra'.

I'll also be using it for school and work, of course.

What say you /adv/?
>>
>>17977155
1500 will get you:
i7 6700k
GTX 1080
16 GB DDR 4 RAM
Case of choice that isn't retarded
HDD of choice that isn't retarded
OS of choice, probs windows 10
A good motherboard, such as a Z170
a CPU cooler of choice that isn't retarded.

If you buy a premade you're dumb.
if I had 1500 dollars i'd instantly buy all my parts and wait for them to come in, and I'd have a kickass gaymen PC.

it will play 1080 at 60Hz on ultra.
>>
Unless you are a paid, competitive gamer, you don't need 60+ FPS.
>>
>>17977179
>>17977194

Thanks, comrades.
>>
>>17977179
i7 5820k gets more gaming juice out of it compared to the others
>>
>>17977155
>I should build a $1,500

Dude... why the fuck do you need a $1,500 gaming rig? What the fuck are you playing?

$800 is more than enough to be ale to hit high on most games.

Fuck you could probably buy a cheap $300-500 laptop, upgrade it slightly, buy a $200-$300 to be set up as an external graphics card, and STILL be able to play on high AND have something you can practically use, all for under $800...

Your sense of money and spending is kind of warped my friend.

Spend less, get more.
>>
>>17977194
It's preference you meme, 144fps is butter to your eyes. Why do I have to tell you this? Go out and try do something that isn't gaming, it still flows better.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.