[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was recently falsely accused of sexual assault at the institution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0028.jpg (56KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0028.jpg
56KB, 275x275px
I was recently falsely accused of sexual assault at the institution I attend (long story short, everything we did was consensual with physical evidence to back it up, they still filed it afterwards to I presume not get ostracized by their friend group). I've gotten through the whole process and I was found not responsible, and knowing that this is in their behavior, I decided to file a complaint with my Title IX coordinator for non-compliance with college officials.

However, after doing this, I feel a tremendous sense of guilt and paranoia, fearing that other people are gonna close-mindedly believe "oh he raped somebody and got away with it," along with knowing the stress they are going to deal with not knowing if they will be expelled or not first hand.

Basically, even though my friends have told me I did the right thing by filing a complaint, I still feel really guilty or that I'm bullying somebody. How do I get rid of this feeling?
>>
You don't get rid of feelings, you manage them in a healthy way. You feel guilty. That sucks. You know logically you've done nothing wrong. The real heart of the matter is that you worry what others think. In a way that's trying to control others. Controlling others is impossible and a waste of energy anon. You can control/manage your own thoughts and response to your feelings. It should be enough you know what you did was right for you. You took care of yourself. Be proud of that.
>>
>>17976799

I just understand the impact it may have on her friends and family, and the idea of somebody else having to go through what I had to just kills me.
>>
>>17976860
That impact is very real yes, yet it's not your responsibility. That's on her from falsely accusing her. Let them deal things. They'll be fine.
>>
She may even legitimately feel she was wronged by you and doesn't think she's done anything wrong, even though you've been exonerated.

don't assign to her feelings and empathy that you can no longer identify.

This was your accuser. There is no higher level of hostility beyond this except if they are now assaulting you.
>>
>>17976877
That's fair. I'm also worried that my college won't do jack shit about it though. When I had an interview with the head of security here he even told me "yeah, this is new territory for all of us so we aren't 100% sure of what course of action we will take."

The fact that this person could potentially get off scott-free for this also scares the living shit out of me.
>>
> rape gril
> get away with it
> complaints about the charges to rub it in
> brag on 4chan about it
Alpha as FUCK.
>>
>>17976860
You are feeling irrationally guilty because you're a shy pushover, but it's not a legitimate feeling. She deserves expulsion and stress for what she did and although you don't have to take pleasure in it you don't have to take guilt away from it either. It's a situation you did not start, you've been forced into it due to her own selfish decisions.
>>
>>17976905
>yeah, this is new territory for all of us so we aren't 100% sure of what course of action we will take.
surely this opens you up to take action against them too.
>>
>>17976919
No. That's not alpha, you retard.
>>
>>17976926
I actually really like that point of view, thank you very much for that.

>>17976933
Like taking matters into my own hands? I don't think it quite works like that, can you go further with this?
>>
>>17976940
Glad it helped, but as for the other bit I dunno really. It just seems wrong that the college may not decide to take action against it when they have already concluded you've been wronged. I don't know much about legal stuff though. It's worth looking into, letting people get away with these abuses of the system encourages it to happen again in the future.
>>
>>17976951
Since it's all within the college, there's no legal "stuff" that's necessary, even though my friends say I should sue for defamation.
>>
>>17976792
maybe you feel guilty because you know you were responsible for some wrongdoing?
>>
>>17977257
Other than the fact that my dad isn't a fan of me having casual sex, I honestly don't think I did anything wrong.
>>
>>17977263
Does she? Did she say NO and you ignored her and kept going? That's rape. Sorry
>>
>>17977270
No, that's not what happened at all. I asked her multiple times if it was okay if I kept going, and she always said yes. There were even times where she tried to egg me onto it.

Thx for le trollz m8
>>
>>17977275
You SURE about that?
>>
>>17977278
...yeah, what are you trying to get at?
>>
>>17977275

The regret you're feeling is probably you wanting it to be over with and done, i.e. the easy way so you can go back to your old life and not worry about this shit every time you wake up, and by making a complaint you're just prolonging it
>>
>>17977280
I don't believe you.
>>
>>17977280

You raped a bitch.
>>
>>17977287
>>17977289
You were actually a decent troll at first, y u now suck

>>17977285
I think the feeling I have comes moreso from treating others as I want to be treated, and how I was treated a few months ago is not how I want to treat others, whether or not it was the right thing to do.
>>
>>17977305
Curious choice...you posted a brutish "horny" animal, OP. We both know what you really did.
>>
>>17977305

Quit playing bro you raped that poor girl.
>>
>>17976860
You do realise that if you hadn't just happened to be lucky enough to have evidence (which is the usual case in those situations), it would be you going trough much worse? What she's done is very serious and it's really important that people face consequences for those things
>>
>>17976792
do you even know the end of what you are planning? how will you say that you have succeeded in this situation?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.