[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Krishna - pyramid scheme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1457.jpg (49KB, 362x218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1457.jpg
49KB, 362x218px
Just been given a free lunch and book about chanting by some Hare Krishna followers in the street. I gave them my number and donated a small amount of money (less than £1 in loose change). Are they a cult? Was George Harrison just an uneducated weeb, overindulged by fame and fortune?
>>
File: 6ec61625.jpg (171KB, 658x329px) Image search: [Google]
6ec61625.jpg
171KB, 658x329px
My understanding of what a "cult" is as follows

>Claims they are the ONLY true way
Now, most religions do this, but it's a very specific, rigid way. For example, Christianity claims Jesus is the only way, but the FLDS says you have to be a member of THEIR denomination, do what THEY say, believe in Joseph Smith as supreme prophet, etc.

>Will not let you leave
Remember that "Hare Krishna" is not the religion - Hinduism is. There's a group called something like "The International Society for Hare Krishna Followers" and that's more of a group within the religion. Both will let you join or leave freely, as far as I know.

>Steals your money and/or property via threat of damnation and/or punishment
Most religions ask for money/tithes/offerings and that is totally fine and good even. However, when the leadership threatens hell or punishment because you don't pay up, it's a cult practice.

>Obvious shit
Rituals that involve hurting a person/animal in an unnatural way is a heads up. Animal sacrifice isn't in and of itself, but when you start to torture it or bathe in the blood... run. Sex is another HUGE red flag. If, like, there are any sort of rituals of initiation involving sex, that's a sure sign of cult. Also inspiring or inciting violence is another.

Basically, cults are pretty obvious when you see one, most of the time. Is Hinduism a cult? Nah. Is Hare Krishna group? Nah. Was George Harrison an uneducated weeb? Maybe, you you gotta admit, this is a great song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kNGnIKUdMI
>>
I'm no expert but I don't think they actually want you to join anything (I could be wrong). they just solicit you with a gift because it's a persuasion Technique to get you to donate, you will feel you owe it to them in return for the gift.
>>
>>17975308
they honestly seem fun and happy...
I wonder why I'd never see a girl though?
also wonder if there any of them browsing 4chan and could give us their perspective
>>
>>17975308
>Was George Harrison an uneducated weeb? Maybe, you you gotta admit, this is a great song
whats that got to do with anything?
oh yeah I swear I could hear the hare hare in the song,
took a while though
>>
>>17975495
He sings "hare hare" in "My Sweet Lord." Also, this song ends with a full Hare Krishna chant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObRexobAxOI

He wasn't exactly being subtle.
>>
>>17975631
So I didn't get much from the lyrics (never paid attention)
but is he supposedly making a critic against Krishna or Catholicism?
I would think from songs actually having chant references of Krishna indicate that he is a supporter
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.