[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you know when you're depressed? what does it feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

how do you know when you're depressed? what does it feel like?

i feel isolated from everyone. i feel directionless. lost at sea for lack of a better term. lately ive been thinking a lot about suicide. everyone that comes into my life i end up driving away. i don't have ambitions anymore. every day is the same thing. i feel like i'm living my life in a haze or a cloud or a fog. it's hard to describe. tears have been welling in my eyes periodically lately. the nights are worse than the days. i obviously feel lonely. i feel like i will never be in a loving relationship because i'm too neurotic and it's too off putting. every thing negative that happens impacts me mentally much worse than it used to.

i'm sorry for the word salad but i'm trying to describe it the best i can. am i depressed? what do i do?
>>
If you're having suicidal thoughts, see a therapist ASAP. You might want to look up Dysthymia in the mean time, you fit several of the symptoms.
>>
>>17974302
I was seeing one but it never really helped much.

I'm laid off right now with no health insurance so I can't afford to go back.

I'm reading up on Dysthymia right now, thanks
>>
>>17974287
When I felt my absolute most depressed I felt like my body had died and my brain just hadn't realized it. Like if the power steering goes out on your car. You can still turn the wheel, but it's a billion times harder. I felt like I was piloting around this big lump of dead flesh and having to pretend I was okay.

Everything you said sounds like straight up depression plus a little anxiety. I went to a therapist for about six months, shopped around with meds with my doctor, and can happily say I'm a functioning human being bout 95% of the time. You should definitely see somebody
>>
>>17974314
The anxiety is there, 100%. Major, major anxiety. The kind where you just have this constant dread. I always feel like something bad could happen at any moment. Some days it's a struggle to leave the house.

I feel like I'm trapped in my mind (i don't know how else to put it).

You saying meds worked for you gives me a lot of hope though. My therapist suggested them but I was too afraid. I'd read stories about people committing suicide soon after starting anti depressants
>>
>>17974325
Well just watch your butt (Fun story, when I told my dad that I was going to start taking anti-depressants and that's a side effect and to let me know if he noticed anything he told me that was 'too much responsibility for him' - My parents moving three states away did wonders for me too)
It's true that that happens to some people but there are a ton of different types of medications out there, some have a greater risk than others. Plus even if you don't have insurance antidepressants are pretty cheap.
>>
>>17974287
You sound just like me. I would honestly try out a medicine and don't be afraid to call your doctor if you start feeling weird. They prescribed me abilify when I was on fluoxetine once, but gave me panic attacks and told my doctor right away to correct it. A little change in dose goes a long way

Thanks for reminding me to make an appointment. Was doing fine without meds for awhile, but now shit's getting out of hand (memory loss, pissed off all the time, etc)
>>
>>17974287
You are depressed. Get exercise, sun (if you can manage it where you live), eat meals at regular times. Talk to new people about little things. See a counselor if you can find one near you.
>>
>>17974476
This. Also try finding a new hobby, maybe playing an instrument will make you feel any better.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.