[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drop out? Get a job?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Guys I am in desperate need for some life advice. These past six months have fucked me up real good.

Been going to university for 1 semester, about to start 2nd very soon. Problem is I'm so tired of anything that has with education to do... I am so sick of it, the thought that I am just a product of the education system makes it worse. Education isn't the same as learning, and right now I'm not learning shit, I'm depressed and stressed all the time, and I don't know if it's even an education you can use when you are done. So I'm really unhappy about that, and I have no motivation or desire to keep studying.

A second thing I hate is my apartment which I just moved into... You can hear EVERYTHING! I Heard people talking about you could hear music, vacuuming, and people dropping shit. I hear all that shit, plus I can hear clearly what my neighbours are talking about, and even their natural bass goes right through the eslls, is there normal?
This greatly adds to me hating my study life.
The social side isn't something worth mentioning either, you can't do anything in this city besides drink.

So what should i do? I really feel like dropping out, and maybe go back to my home town and get a job. I just don't want to be sad anymore. And I hate almost everything about the education system (I'm a believer of the viewpoint of Prince EA, So sue me if you don't like him, but his viewpoint is on point to me).
Also don't want to disappoint family and friends, but I almost don't care since this makes me so unhappy.... But I don't know, any advice? I could really use some input
>>
>>17973624

I know it might feel like the world is collapsing on you right now OP, but I guarantee you that the majority of people your age feel similarly to you.

Right now, you're probably taking your generals, which you would have to do no matter what if you plan on getting a bachelors degree. It sounds obvious, but you should be considering whether you are interested in any of the subjects you've studied so far, and then see what kinds of careers exist in those fields. Your school has academic counselors whose services you should really use.

Of course, always be skeptical - at the end of the day, the college wants you to stay and pursue a degree, so they will try to paint any degree in as positive a light as possible.

But don't retreat into cynicism. Tbh, that's what it sounds like you're doing right now. Part of being an adult is knowing how to be skeptical without losing faith in humanity.

It's perfectly fine not to attend college; as you may have heard, there are many high paying trades you can learn (plumbing, carpentry, etc...) Or you could join the military; if you're in the US, I think you can join for 20 years as an enlistedman if you really want. Believe me, the military will make sure you're taken care of.

Don't listen to people in the entertainment industry like Prince EA, though. There are a very small number of select individuals who make it in entertainment, and you shouldn't take their opinion seriously. They just don't know what life is like for normal people.

I'm 23 now and I was in your situation when I began college, but now I'm earning a decent salary doing a job I don't mind, so I can attest that with effort you can improve.

You may want to work on your depression separately, though. Please look into counselling if you haven't already; I guarantee you can get it through your school.
>>
whomever im referring this too? just have sex i promise orgasims is life
>>
>>17973674
I kinda want to do a manual labour job, but I have a bad back so that's definitely a no-no. Worked 2 months making furniture, it was not healthy.
And I know it may sound a bit cynical the way I talked about my life...
But I just can't see how I should go three years doing something I absolutely loathe. And I'm not even that smart, I didn't have good grades in high school. I kind of just chose what I'm studying now cause it was the education that sounded the least boring, but also because I had the grades to get in... I might make the 3 years if I get a lot of help and support, but I already know that it is going to be hell, and I just don't know if its worth it.
The while 1st semester it didn't feel like i had any time at all to relax, since every paper and homework I made was hard ( probably because I'm borderline stupid) and it just took so much time to do it all. I don't know man, this is the toughest call of my life.
>>
>>17973753
Have you considered working in the medical field? Something like an x-ray technician, or an LPN, or some other sort of technical job? The reason I ask is that these are two year degrees you can get from a community college.

It seems like you're hardworking but not really academically oriented. That doesn't make you stupid - to get into a university requires some minimum level of competence - but academic life may not be for you.

To that end, some sort of a practical associates degree, like the ones I mentioned above, may be useful.

But, what exactly do you mean by having "a bad back"? Depending on the severity of the impairment, you can probably still get into the military. The reason I bring the military up is because I've had friends who joined the military when they were in states similar to yours and they haven't ever regretted it.
>>
>>17973779
Hey that actually sounds like something I could see myself doing, something in the medical field, or some other technical job. I will definitely look into that.
And regarding my back I have always had problems with it. I have been to the doctors etc and chiropractors (who did kind of managed to fix my posture)
But overall I have a weak body, forward rolled shoulders and asthma, so the army is not something im considering at the moment. I could of course go to /fit/ for a year and get everything under control.
But I will definitely look into something in the technical field (btw I'm 21)
But let's see how I manage the next few weeks. I'm feeling optimistic ATM but knowing myself, that might disappear fast. But thank you, sincerely!
>>
>>17973817
Good luck!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.