[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teeth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Pic related is my teeth right now, how fucked am I? Is there anything I can do to make them better? When I was younger I lost my insurance for dental and they just kinda got let go from me.
>>
Braces

My mom is 50 and didnt have dental work done at all before then because she was from a 3rd world country. Now she has invisalign since 5 years ago and her teeth are really straight.
>>
>>17973563
Bracers are still not an option for me, I went to my dentist after getting my own healthcare and he said the insurance will barely pay for half, and I don't have the money to pay the rest. Also i already have alot of disadvantages in life for my looks and I cant add adult bracers to that list lol
>>
...what's wrong with them?
>>
>>17973609
1. They aren't straight
2. They kinda bend inwards
3. Not as white as I want them to be
4. Most are looking sharpish.
>>
>>17973616
There's regular ole' health dentistry that pertains to the health of your teeth and gums, and then there's cosmetic dentistry which is all literally cosmetics. It sounds like you just want the latter? Which is fine, but not necessary. Just keep in mind that if they're healthy, then you're paying for a want and not a need. If they really bother you, start a savings fund for 'em. Also I think they look pretty good, so I don't understand why you're bitching.
>>
>>17973630
idk just from other people i've seen mine look low tier. My main thing I want at least is to have them nice and white. The picture makes them look whiter then they actually are.
>>
>>17973563
There's nothing wrong with your teeth. They're relatively straight. The bend is probably barely noticeable to other people, and doesn't show unless you go walking around with your mouth open like that. I am not seeing the sharpness that you are. Think of the people with missing teeth, yellow teeth, rotated teeth, overbites, etc.

If you're so self-conscious about it, then know that this counts as cosmetic dentistry, which is why your insurance will barely cover half. You definitely don't need metal wire braces; those are for people with truly messed up teeth. Invisalign will do the trick, and in a shorter amount of time than people with much worse teeth. They go up to $5 grand, and you will need to wear up to 48 pairs of them in the course of having them. See what your insurance covers, and start saving for the rest of the cost.

Invisalign is like a retainer by the way. You take them out when you eat and drink. After you're done with the braces, you will have to wear a retainer for pretty much the remainder of your young life in order to keep the teeth in that straight position. Many people go through the cost and time of braces, only for their teeth to start reverting to their natural positions because of neglecting to wear their retainers.

As for the whiteness, colgate is your new best friend. After you drink/eat, give your teeth at least a 30 minute rest period before you brush them, otherwise you are scraping the enamel off them. Use mouthwash. If you're impatient, you can have them bleached. Remember that this will overall weaken your teeth though; and good dentists will always try to talk you out of bleaching before giving in. If you bleach them too much, or use over the counter products like Crest white strips, they will eventually become thin and fragile. And then comes veneers and dentures.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.