[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: ech.jpg (72KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
ech.jpg
72KB, 600x375px
Hey Everyone, first post here on 4chan. I'm passing through serious doubts... I'm a CS (computer science) student and somehow finished my first year. I want to be a programmer, for that reason i entered CS, but i feel like the classes are taking all my time from actually work in programming and focusing in things like Eletronic Circuits. Can I enter a job if I'm for example, very good in java? or i have to be gradueted in CS? What you think I should do?
>>
Bump. Anyone?
>>
>>17973026
Just keep at it. CS is much more than programming. If anything, it's a more valuable degree than just programmer training.
>>
>>17973141
But in the graduation, i have some classes that i really don't know anything, how can i really learn this stuff? my high scholl was very poor, and the teachers think that every student know everything basic, what is not true.

Sites like Khan Academy can help? or read books?
>>
>>17973026
The problem with "being very, very good in java", is that the language you're probably going to most of your life coding in is one that hasn't been invented. Even real programmer training isn't learning how to use one language, its learning how to pick up a whole language over a weekend.

Khan Academy can help, there are probably introductory chapters of your textbook the teacher is skipping over, just try to get the material presented to you as many times, and in as many different ways as you can. If you really want to be good at something, just sit down and do a shitton of study, search glossaries and google for definitions, reference things across multiple textbooks, ask your professor for suggestions of books in the library that cover the same material if you have to. Its what anyone that's even remotely exceptional did.

Circuits are just another form of logic that will help, and control systems programs are usually based on it.
>>
>>17973226
That's why I like 4chan, simple comments like this can make a big diference. I really needed to read this. Sincere thanks :)
>>
I already have a nice thread on /qst/ that does not get much hope in having new players lately, and is quickly dying. It ran fine until I realize I want some new acquaintances. Anyone who wants to contribute should head there. It is the one with the large white map.

You may accept my invite request to join my role-playing session, or politely decline by saying no thanks or pass along to others. I was just about ready to start a PowerPoint anime slideshow of my first season's opening, but I have to postpone it until enough people are interested (other chans included).

I am a very good listener and storyteller in great detail, I can handle to some extent a bit of adult-related stuff, but not all of the time. Thank you!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.