[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Other Interest in a Relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: coffee-date2.jpg (69KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
coffee-date2.jpg
69KB, 600x398px
How do you sensitively and diplomatically deal with interest from the opposite sex while in a relationship?

A girl has taken to me due to a mutual hobby, and my GF is clearly uncomfortable. She is quite persistent in her friendship and messaging, but there are no outright romantic suggestions, so I feel I can't just say "I have a girlfriend" without seeming like an idiot.
>>
The only way you can have a platonic friendship with someone of the opposite sex is if they are obviously unattractive, handicapped, or extremely gay, like fairy sassy gay dude and super butch dike. If they are even remotely attractive, you're going to have to limit your contact in the extremes. No unecessary conversations, definitely no need to text, call, or message on social media. You can get a pass on the occasional Facebook like or comment if it's vague enough. The only exception to this is if you are working on a group project that includes at least two other people besides yourselves.
>>
Also, simply do not respond to any messages or any other non verbal forms of communication. You are not obligated to say anything to them. If asked why, tell them the truth, or tell a white lie. They are not owed an explaination.
>>
>>17971936
>>17971934
Yeah, I don't find them attractive and have always felt my GF was enough female friendship. This has happened before but this other person's romantic intentions were more obvious so it was easy to cut them off and have a laugh about it.

Problem is we are all part of a larger social group at university, so I can't really avoid them, or completely ignore them without drawing the attention of the larger group.
>>
When this happened to me not too long ago, I told my boyfriend why I was upset. It wasn't the fact that she was messaging him that was my problem, it was the amount of messages.

We got past this because he became completely transparent about it. He would tell me when she messaged and what was it about, he would limit his messages to her. He didn't feel the need the respond to every single message she said. He would always make sure that I am in the convo too so it's like "yea my gf and I talked about this and she said..."

Now, they do message from time to time but it wasn't as excessive as it once was. I'm not uncomfortable about it as I once was
>>
Tell your bitch to shut the fuck up.

I'm serious.
>>
>>17971929
if you love and are loyal to your current partner, seeming like an idiot should be irrelevant
>>
>>17971929
Is this a question for in general or your specific situation?

In general don't flirt and keep talking to a minimum. Not hard. Glare at her if she comes onto you and she knows you're taken.
>>
>>17973224
Going to take your advice for my own situation. Thanks.
>>
>>17971934
This is a crock of shit. You can be friends with the opposite sex if you're a halfway decent person and enjoy the same stuff. Jesus, 4chan.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.