[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mom recently passed away from Cancer. Currently i am fine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 400px-Courageous.png (222KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Courageous.png
222KB, 400x400px
My mom recently passed away from Cancer. Currently i am fine but my little brother age 7 has been having a lot of trouble at school. He actually said he wanted to die and that really gets to me. I want to find him a councilor that wont just prescribe pills. Any ideas?
>>
>>17971626
The only "councilor" that can prescribe pills is a psychiatrist. A therapist usually just talks with the patient to work out the issue, if that's what you're looking for.
>>
Next day he has school, walk him in to the office. Explain the situation and ask to have him speak with the school counselor. Make sure that she discloses to you anything he says about hurting himself or others or stuff like that. Also ask the counselor to give a recommendation for what else to do, i.e. therapy or psychiatry. He has to get help!
>>
>>17971823
This^
>>
I lost my aunt from a heart attack when I was 13 and my grandma from cancer when I was 14. Yea it fucked my middle school years up. They were everything to me basically my parents. When they passed away I just laid in bed crying myself to sleep. I didn't care about school just wanted to be left alone. I would almost never go to my grandma's house because it reminded me of them too much which just hurt more. After some time I started to get back on track and I moved on. I can't imagine what it's like to lose someone at his age especially his mother. All I can really say is be there with him as often as you can. Take him out so he isn't constantly reminded of her. It won't be easy and it will take time. Just be there for him through this and you need to make sure to stand strong.
>>
>>17971823

that won't work unless you are his legal guardian

it will help

but you need to get your dad involved here

unless there is no dad....

good luck
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.