[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I do now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 2hdzl7n.jpg (31KB, 636x471px) Image search: [Google]
2hdzl7n.jpg
31KB, 636x471px
I don't enjoy my major, didn't do great in exams even though the semester isn't over (some more to come). I feel like dropping out of my university, because I strongly feel like it's not for me and that I won't get to where I wanna be if I continue doing what I'm doing.

I want to pursue my interests and do what makes me happy. What are my options outside of getting a degree, I don't wanna be a wage slave but I do want to work, earn, enjoy and experience the things that interest me, because my experience of my major has shown me that this path isn't for me.

tl;dr:I have many goals, ideals and things I wish to do but my major is the complete opposite. What do without becoming a failure neet?
>>
Change majors. Talk to your academic adviser and your parents. Be honest about why you're dissatisfied and about what your true interests are. Take their advice. Do not drop out of school just because you dislike your major. I'm sure your school offers many majors. Surely one of them must be a good fit for you. Just suck it up and try to get passing grades this semester.
>>
>>17970325
>>17970325
If I knew what I'd do I would. I'm 2 years in already. Government are gonna charge me even more if I were to restart in a different major, it'd be best to quit I feel.

I flopped one test and pretty sure the next will go bad. Also to add, my loans only get paid for me for 4 years. So if I switch, I'd have to pay myself eventually.
>>
>>17970310

What are your interests?

Community college, online courses, even ads in newspapers for people willing to teach stuff.

Lets you gain skills. Lower cost and commitment.

But depends on you interests. Like if your interest is Brain Surgery then yeah, stay in school and change to Medicine.

But if it's like, art, or extreme sports or something then seek out like minded people and you'll find something.

But get a job anyway. Even if it's casual checkout person or something. Experience is better than no experience.
>>
>>17970384
My interests are more creative things. Music, art, fashion, design, just expression but also helping people and making the environment and lived of others better.

These are things I find tombs enjoyable or interest me. Completely different from.my tech education background of which I'm not so good at.
>>
>>17970450
Consider Environmental Design or whatever it's called.

You design buildings, parks, roads etc that compliment the environment not just in regards to the impact on the natural environment but also on the society by creating aesthetics that make places feel good.

Like a Landscaper or Architect, even an interior designer.

A job where you can design things like the picture. But come up with new ideas.

Environment, the layout of a room, lighting etc are all proven to affect a persons mood and happiness.

Art in general normally improves the lives of people it touches, but is also a tough industry with varying salaries.

If you wanted, you can eventually combine the Tech thing with design and improving the lives of others through invention and innovation.

It may seem trivial, but when you walk into a room or a place and it feels nice, it's because someone has designed it to be that way.

You could do that, literally shape the world people live in.
>>
>>17970506
I'll look into it. At times I wish I had the talent to sing or whatnot, which would be the easiest way to solve my problems but this seems interesting. My other interesting also laid in consulting as well.

The travel aspect and meeting of different people was the main interest factor for me .

I'll read more into ED though. Thanks
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.