[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to live without others' validation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 12 - fhIZDxN.jpg (237KB, 1102x1451px) Image search: [Google]
12 - fhIZDxN.jpg
237KB, 1102x1451px
Is it possible to live without others' validation?
>>
No it's in human chemistry to want to feel needed and have attention. Unless you did some serious drugs you can't live without other humans validation
>>
All that matters is how you view yourself.

Stay fit, stay fash, focus on yourself and your career. The right people will fall into your life. Chase money and dreams, not girls or friends.
>>
>>17969317
Yes.
Until you figure out what YOU want, you can be the most successful person on earth and still depressed.

So you can see rich, famous, attractive people and inside they are still a little dead.

So anon, what do you want? Live comfy? Get loving gf? Get rich? Become the best 4chan shitposter mods ever saw? It all depends on you.
>>
>>17969317
Of course it is

Revelling in validation is a sign of neurotic behaviours. Look up a list of other behaviours and you'd be surprised as to how many of them you associate with.

Being motivated to do things from an external factor (wanting the validation from doing something good) is unhealthy. Instead you want to have an internal motivation going on, doing something because you want to.

Read up on Maslow's pyramid of needs, neurotic behaviour, and how to stop being a people pleaser
>>
>>17969317
No but most people will say yes because they don't understand how consciousness works. We need other people to give us the identity we have. Everything you believe in would be empty with outside objects.
>>
Yes, it is possible.

But others will see you as uncaring, I've learned. If you don't care about or stress out about the things they do, they will see you as unmotivated and apathetic. They see their own goals and truths as the best ones, and if you don't share them, it's your fault.

You will be stronger, but that will separate you from others.
>>
>>17969317

It's impossible without finding the balance: Having the ability to self-reflect and being independent while realizing that others' opinions are important.

If your only motivation to live a certain way or to do certain things is others' validation, you'll be eventually crippled by the amount of bullshit they expect from you.

If you completely disregard the opinion and validation of others, you'll be unsuccessful at life no matter what you do, unless you're one of the lucky few.

As humans we have social needs. How people see you (which of course depends on their own preferences) affects your ability to bond with others, to make friends, to have a helping hand when you need it, to land a gf etc. You need to have, or if you're fine with that, simply project a set of qualities that conforms to the needs of your peers.
To have a nice career, sooner or later you'll have to start caring about the impression you make. Networking is impossible when you're seen as apathetic.

The list goes on.

Case in point, seeking validation is normal, even useful sometimes. What's bad is relying on outside validation and basing your self-esteem on that (or on the lack of it). It's only natural that we feel good when we're liked, and kinda bad when we are not. The important thing is to know how much weight you should put on a certain person's validation. Idgaf what the barista thinks of me at Starbucks because all he does is hand me a coffee, but I'll do my best to impress my boss for that raise, or my gf's family to continue fucking their daughter. If the barista thinks I'm a dick, no big deal. If my boss thinks I'm a dick, I know I fucked up.
>>
>>17969378
/thread

Except for the money bit, not everyone craves monetary gain, but always persue your dreams.
>>
>>17969378
This.

But the balancing thought to add here is that sometimes you will need to inquire about what people feel, not from a position of validating your insecurities but to reassure if they are being treated correctly by you. You can't assume that and must ask .
>>
>>17969317
the fact that you are asking this question means that you are beyond hope
>>
>>17969317
No
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.