[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Low self esteem.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1483314997386.jpg (694KB, 1024x988px) Image search: [Google]
1483314997386.jpg
694KB, 1024x988px
>became friends with a former hs classmate on fb
>Haven't seen her in almost 5 years, went to different uni

>her 'activity' pops up on my feed occasionally.

> likes Life coach this, motivational speaker that.
> likes lots of really cheesy love related quote/ post.
> likes cheesy 'purpose in life' related stuff
> likes activism on X Y Z issues/ posts.
> likes articles, posts, pages on EMPOWERING WOMEN/ 'social issues' BODY POSITIVISM/ LOVE YOURSELF/ unrealistic beauty standards etc etc.

In comparison, most other young women her age who I see in my feed tend to be liking pages relating to travel, comedy/ satire/ memes.

I'm getting a vibe that this gal has seriously low self esteem, I can't put my finger on it, nothing's ever positive.

Should I approach her and ask if she's ok? or like stay the fuck away/ red flag?
>>
>>17969077
I don't think you can really expect any kind of positive response to a message along the lines of "hey I know we haven't talked in years but somehow I get the feeling you have very little self esteem, so much that I feel obliged to ask you about it"
>>
>>17969077

Are you looking to approach her to try get with her or because you're genuinely concerned she might be going through something?

A lot of girls are in her position, she's just more carefree about showing that side of herself publicly, either that or she's clueless that people can put two and two together.

Either way you can/should send her a "How is it going? :)" Message if you care enough. I wouldn't approach her accusing her of anything though, just a general whats up is good enough to get the ball rolling.
>>
>>17969094
Oh no, not at all. Though I am interested in finding out how she came to be that way, she was quite friendly and sociable when we were younger.

>>17969095
>Are you looking to approach her to try get with her or because you're genuinely concerned she might be going through something?

Primarily this.

I'd follow through with the "How's it going" and see how that goes but she seldom responds.

Which once again is a bit off, because she used to be fairly social and approachable.

>>17969096
>>17969088
>>17969084
Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?
>>
>>17963478
You are barely below average for americans

if she has had sex with 4 people, chances are one of them will have been shorter than yours
>>
>>17969077
Only approach her if there's a chance you can have sex with her

Otherwise who gives a shit
>>
>>17969077
It does sound like something is up. On the one hand you could start with some random msg and ask if she wants to catch up, then see how things go from there
On the other hand it sounds like she is one of those dramatic people who is not okay with anything and never will be. Most people with real, honest to god issues try to conceal them from others. People who are that vocal about their feelings are usually just dramatic and like to complain
>>
>>17969077
This sounds completely normal.

She might just be really into empowering people (women by the look of it) and active in fighting against or at least informing people about things.

I don't see what in your list WASN'T positive. If it's all love yourself, empowerment blah then isn't that positive?

Reach out to her if you'd like. Maybe start a discussion on one of her posts to see if she's enthusiastic, fanatic, or just sharing because she can.
>>
>>17970412
Not OP, but its not that it isn't 'positive' it could be likely be projection or virtue signalling.

I know its anecdotal but the first example that comes to my head.

I have a friend who says she "love animals" she's originally a country girl studying to be a vet and you always see pics of her at a farm or an animal shelter with a huge smile on her face, being goofy and what not.

On the other hand a classmate of mine who I did a humanities class with, also a similar mindset of being an "animal lover"
He's always at protests and activism rallies and what not, and even looking at his fb pics now, he's holding a sign aggressively shouting slogans.
He was part of a group who boycotted a local and major honey producers because something about exploiting bees putting up stickers over the labels at supermarkets.

I think what OP was referring to is that it could be something that seems positive, but ultimately highlighting something in a negative light, or to mask an insecurity.

Like alot of "body positive, healthy at all sizes" people are really insecure with their bodies.

Most oppose slut shaming have had a promiscuous past, or feel guilt that they find sex enjoyable.

And the MGTOW are over represented by sexually frustrated young men who have given up on the opposite sex.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.