[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>boyfriend and i have been dating for a little over a month

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: nooooo.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
nooooo.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>boyfriend and i have been dating for a little over a month and a half (been official for half a month)
>boyfriend doesnt like removing his shirt during sex.
>seen his stomach, neck, arms.. just nothing around his rib cage.
>getting a little concerned, and desu a little irritated about it.
>he says its a self-conscious thing, and will eventually open up about it.

I dont understand.. We haven't been dating long, but he's my boyfriend. We're open about almost everything with each other, except this. Can people really be super self-conscious about their bodies in front of their partners? Is it unfair of me to feel irritated and impatient? What should I do?
>>
>>17968422
Yes, people can feel uncomfortable in front of their partners.
Don't force him to show what he's not comfortable with.
>>
>>17968422
>>17968432
okay no this is weird, he'll show you his dick but doesn't like his torso?

being afraid to take your shirt of at the pool is some 5th grade shit, you need to have a sit down convo
>>
>>17968460
holy shit
>>
>>17968462
for the first couple of weeks, he wouldn't let me near it desu. he would always make jokes about his dick (i.e. in the same way that people joke "just kill me" or how it's small, etc.) he really doesnt have a small dick size though, and i'm glad he's become more open about sex and it's no longer me being the only one receiving (oral)?
>>
Sounds like self esteem issues
>>
>>17968478
WOW where did desu come from,
ignore the weeb
>>
>>17968478
It sounds like he's just got a really low opinion of his own physical appearance. You either deal with it and let him open up in his own time or realize you can't deal with it and get out before you get more frustrated.

My first girlfriend was the same way about her body, she was a little chubby and she absolutely hated the way her body looked. She didn't let it interfere in our sex life, but it came out in a lot of smaller more obnoxiously petty ways and after a few months I couldn't deal with it anymore. You can only tell a person you're physically attracted to them for so long before you realize they either believe you when you say it or they don't.
>>
>>17968513
I really don't want it to have to get to that point to where I get impatient with him, because then it would feel weird for me to fucking bed "PLEASE TAKE YOUR SHIRT OFF.."
I guess I can be patient about it a little longer, but..
>>
>>17968496
Wordfilters

Can't say t b h or f a m or some other dumb black twitter shit anymore.

>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW that don't remember wordfilters
>>
>>17968522
It's not about being impatient. It's about whether or not he's mature enough to get over himself and stop forcing his body image issues off on you. It's something that only he can come to terms with himself. That's not to say you can't help him. Talk to him, try to coax out of him why it is he's acting this way, let him know that you're attracted to him exactly as he is and try and reinforce a positive self-image.

Now that's a tall order. Especially if he's going to fight you on it and continue to make a big deal about his appearance for no reason other than that he doesn't like it himself. It's just a matter of what YOU are willing to deal with and how much effort you want to put into the relationship. For me, my GF was too neurotic about her appearance, no amount of positive reinforcement from me could ever make her think she wasn't a total uggo. I could only live with that for so long before her shit self-esteem started dragging me down.
>>
>>17968526
it all really makes me nervous though, to have a serious talk on that topic because yes, i would love to see my boyfriend entirely, yknow, and feel comfortable around me, but at the same time, there's always the defense that its his body, and i cant make him do anything, as someone >>17968432 has already made a point.
>>
Lift his shirt up as much as you can and hug him. Press your bare tits against his chest.

He just needs to get comfortable with himself.

Escalate to buck naked cuddling eventually.
>>
>>17968541
Like I said, it's his deal, he has to deal with it. You can help. But it's on him. You just need to figure out how willing you are to put up with this if he's not willing to change.
>>
>>17968422
Is he fat or hairy?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n83tnnQEBI1qaykmq.png (30KB, 180x211px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n83tnnQEBI1qaykmq.png
30KB, 180x211px
>>17968560
thanks for the advice, anon. i genuinely appreciate it.
>>
>>17968564
neither? he isn't fat, but he's mentioned he's hairy once, but i don't think he's that bad really on other areas of his body.
>>
>>17968579
My back and chest are pretty hairy and im 20, its not common but it can happen i guess

perhaps he has acne on his chest? i recall a friend who did, who knows
>>
He might have pectus excavatum which is what I have , it's basically a sunken chest and it can be anywhere from a slight indent to quite significant. I was very self conscious about removing my shirt at beaches , then after a while I got over the fear of being judged by other peopl
>>
>>17968422
Well he clearly has some self esteem issues. He'll probably get over it eventually, but it's either because you make him feel comfortable and attractive, or because he figures out how to like himself for more than just his body.

But look if you've only been dating for a month and a half you probably don't know much about each other, you should just chill out for a year or so until you know him better and then think about whether this is something he can get over. if you really think he'll never get over it, and neither will you then break it off. If you think he needs to be by himself for awhile, just go on break until he gets over it, or support him through it.
>>
>>17968422
>>17968478
>>17968522
he likely has body dysmorphia op
just tell him that you like his body and he doesn't need to be uncomfortable about letting you see it
>>
>>17968598
this
>>
It might not just be a "body image issue," some people have real shit going on with their bodies. He might have some really huge scars, or some kind of skin problem, you don't know what's going on with him.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.