[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with shitty travelers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (113KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 640x640px
How do I deal with shitty travelers or impress upon them the importance of making plans at a reasonable time, especially when traveling with a group?

For the third or fourth time recently, the same two guys have caused a huge headache for everyone by not asking for time off on time, not being willing to book travel or agree on hotel rooms, and act like they're "cool with whatever" until the last minute when they come up with some fucking twist about their new idea, or decide "they're not sure if they're coming."

For example, we're going to a wedding next month, in 15 days. There's literally no more time to waste. Plans are set, they've RSVP'd. I agreed to flights with this guy, and now he's saying we should drive so we can "keep our plans flexible." I don't understand what's flexible about a wedding where 40 of our friends will be in attendance. He's also "too much of a man" to split a bed with someone in a full AirBnB house (or bring an air mattress) but wants to add 5 hours of travel time to save $60.

This shit happens all the time with these two people, but they're our close friends, so I don't know what to do. But they constantly cost me money and headaches because they refuse to make plans.
>>
Give them a deadline. Tell them that they need to decide by this weekend what they're doing, otherwise you're going to make your own bookings because you can't spend any more time fucking around. If they bitch to your other friends about it, so what? They're the ones who look like idiots because they can't get their shit together
>>
Make plans without them. Make your plan to be at x location at y time. They can meet you there.
>>
>>17968117
>>17968118

The problem is, this doesn't work on group trips where they consist of "the group." If everyone is renting a place together, making your own plans means they're not coming at all, because they won't have a place to stay, OR, they'll beg at the last moment to be accommodated, so you'll have six people staying in a place for four, for example.

Plus it ruins things when you want to have fun with the group and travel as a group. Being on the same plane together, or in the same car, is so much cooler than everyone coming in at scattered times, especially from the same place.
>>
>>17968173
Look, if you're pissed about these guys doing it, I promise you that the rest of your friends are just as pissed.

Like I said, give them a deadline, and stick to it. If they don't meet it, they make their own arrangements if they want to come. If there are no tickets or rooms available left, then tough shit for them.
>>
>>17968173
Then continue to be their bitch, asshole. Just give them power over you.
>>
>>17968183

Alright, let's assume, for arguments sake, that the trip doesn't happen at all without them coming. Or at least one. Because that's been the case before - the group trip would be fun with six people (one dude's girlfriend is part of the group), but kind of a buzzkill for three.

Or, it's prohibitively expensive without them, or someone else can't come... Like only needing two hotel rooms, but we'd need three if they came?

Like in this particular case, it's a complete guarantee they're coming on the trip. We know it's going to be cheaper for all of us if they'd just book a room with us as opposed to pussyfooting around for another week.
>>
>>17968205
Then you find someone else, go or stay somewhere cheaper or don't go at all. You chose to be friends with these flakey shits.

>Like only needing two hotel rooms, but we'd need three if they came?
Uh, you let THEM fucking deal with it. Did you not read the part where I said make them make their own arrangements if they don't meet the deadline you set?

Either that, or just stop planning shit. Let someone else deal with these headaches
>>
>>17968106
>This shit happens all the time with these two people, but they're our close friends

there is your choice, you decided to spend time with "shitty people" what do you expect ?

this is why people "lose" friends as they get older

op please get a clue, man up, and live your own life

drop those assclowns
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.