[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, here I am. At the end of another day where I tried to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: beesuicide.png (142KB, 500x511px) Image search: [Google]
beesuicide.png
142KB, 500x511px
Well, here I am. At the end of another day where I tried to be productive.

I started a few exciting projects I'll probably never finish. I did a few sucky drawings. I'm 27 and my art still sucks ass.

How do I pull out of this rut? I just want to be somebody.
>>
If everything looks like shit in your own eyes, that's good. That means you know you can improve it.

If you don't enjoy drawing, and simply drawing isn't enough for you, then you probably shouldn't be trying to make a career out of drawing.
>>
>>17967658

It starts on having a more positive outlook on your art. Sure, I get it, you have probably been an artist for years, you think your barometer of not only your abilities but your peers abilities justifies you to an encompassing negative opinion. If you think something sucks, if think it is terrible, what are the chances you will actually finish it, slim to.. none.

You are judging your current pieces by your past projects and other's people's projects. Isn't the point of art for it to be unique, different, and polarizing? All I am trying to convey is that you have to start each project like the page; white, and blank, and that means no preconceived notions and judgements, no thoughts of yesterday or today, what you think you can do and what others are doing.

I am by no means and artist, however I do have the deepest appreciation for art. All of the hours, concepts, and full waste baskets transmute to every present and future stroke of pen, pencil, brush, etc. It is with this where you must disregard the past, and focus on the present and future, and of course I mean artwork to artwork.

You may ask what a negative mind has in all this, it is trying to contain and restrict something that should have no restrictions, limits, or rules, no guidelines or expectations. Mind clear, page, blank; white.
>>
Thank you, guys.

I still wish I hadn't wasted ten years pursuing a career in graphic design.
>>
Watch Proko videos.

And after that, unplug. Unplug and then whatever you do next, do it with the intention of never showing it to anyone.

See how good you can make something, no matter how long it takes, promising yourself that you're the only person that ever sees it.

Take your everloving time. Minutes before each stroke if need be. This is brain-weeding.

If you do this once, see if you can do it again. Be surprised by how much faster you seem to be learning your craft, after you've done this a few times.

But be sure to unplug. Make it feel special like a microscopic universe.

Defeat yourself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ_fyq6gUzU
>>
>>17967658
Forget the future, forget your aspirations. Make art for you. Make art just for the pure pleasure of it. Then shit, maybe one day you'll make something great out of yourself, maybe not, but at least this way you won't have to live with regret.
>>
>>17968529
This is a shittier version of my advice.
>>17968497

And I'm a mushmouthed redundant idiot. Step up your game you dorkus manorkus.
>>
\ic\ could take some notes from all the positivity in this thread. Thank you all for your encouragement. Not op, but I was resolved to make more art this year and felt myself falling into a slump for the same reasons. You all have refocused my mind on what is truly important in art, creating.

Just draw. Practice the fundamentals over and over until it no longer becomes difficult. Watch interesting shows, read interesting books and listen to good music so it can inspire your work. Throw yourself into the profession as hard as you can, even when it seems boring or fruitless. You can make it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.