[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dating while living with parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3223.jpg (82KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3223.jpg
82KB, 709x765px
So I'm 26, 27 in a few weeks. I moved back in with my parents about 4 months ago because my roommates girlfriend had started living with us and it was never really discussed with me, and also I want to eventually buy a house so I figured I would move in with my parents to save money. Well I'm finding the housing market is fucking ridiculous right now and I pretty much have no hope of buying a house anytime soon even though I make a decent living of 60k a year.

Living at home has killed my dating life. I can tell whenever I tell a girl I live at home she immediately loses interest in me. I can never ask them to come back to my place, and asking to go back to theirs doesn't seem to go well. What should I do? I have 30k saved up for a house but any decent home in my city is going for 300k right now. A home between 150-200k will have you living in the ghetto here.
>>
It's not your house if you're buying it out of someone else's interest now is it?
>>
rent?
if you aren't at seppuku-level of debt, and dont like in LA or something it should work
>>
>>17967507
I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

>>17967515
Yeah I have 0 debt. Renting is pretty ridiculous here as well. 1200 a month for a 1 bed 1 bath apartment. I'm over having roommates after my last experience
>>
>>17967485
Fuck dating, what you need to focus on is saving up and getting out of your parents house. You'll have plenty of time to date later. Focus on your life and save as much as you can right now while living with parents.
>>
>>17967485
None of us can give you an educated guess, because we're not realtors in your city. You need to speak to several realtors and conduct personal research into your housing market. What was it 5 years ago, what is it projected to be 5 years from now, 10 years, etc. There's a chance that cost of homes will only go up from here, in which case, you need to buy before that happens. That means you work toward buying your ideal house right now, because you can't afford to wait. even if that means it's a 300k investment. If your research says that 300k will be 400k in a few years, it's obvious you can't afford to wait, and you have to bite the bullet.

If it's a temporary inflation, you can coast for a few more years without worry. In that case, you should move back out again with some roomies if you are not getting what you want by living with your parents. Keep saving as much as you can by living cheaply with said roomies.

Or continue living at home. In which case you just have to keep playing the dating game til you find someone who doesn't care.
>>
>>17967525
Good advice, thanks m8
>>
File: IMG_3261.png (93KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3261.png
93KB, 640x1136px
>>17967525
Fuck my life
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.