[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Only for smart people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: th.jpg (11KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
11KB, 300x226px
Guys i am in deep shit!!!
I have less than a month to make a flowchart tipe thing that would let a programmer (i am a 0 at programming) create a test that people can use to diagnose their headaches.
This is my data source https://www.ichd-3.org/ and this is an american (not an american) version of such a test www.bontriage.com
I have been using microsoft visio to copy the american test but the problem is that i have no idea how to show the acumulation of variables for the diagnosis without actualy branching my flowchart in to something lightyears in size. There are like 160 diferent headache types and each has their own diagnostic criteria and what not.
Anyone know how i could do this easy? Would be realy apreciated.
>>
Well, from a programming perspective, I'd say to try and present the data in a form of a tree, ideally a binary tree.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_tree

Put in another way, there must be some variables that are more common to some headaches and some that are common to others.
In an ideal case, say that 50% of headaches have a value A for one variable and 50% have value B for the same variable, that means you could split up the headaches into half with one question. And so on and so on.

Maybe look at some other wiki pages on various data structures and that might give you a clue how to organise the data.
>>
That's what you get for not taking algebra class seriously.
>>
>>17966702
The problem with this method is that there are basicaly no variables with only 2 possible solutions. usualy there are like 4 or more. not to mention that there are several diagnostic criteria that are like "2 or more of thease 5 symptoms" and i have no idea what to do with them. Was gona do it like suggested but then realised that it would not work.
>>
>>17966669
do your own homework m8
>>
I had an idea of writing all the possible headaches and adding the valuses (diagnostic criteria) to them and then somehow getung the flowchart to check the boxes every time the flowchart goes a step forward. The problem is that i dont think thai i can do such a thing in microsoft visio :/
>>
>>17966702
BTW thx for being helpful.
>>
Look into Petri Networks

It's an engineering tool but it'll serve you. It's like a flowchart, but to progress in it you can have different conditions, like needing two different inputs to move to the next space.

You can also look into state machines.

Both are very straighforward and similar to a flowchart in arrangement, but with a few extra features that will probably help you. And programmers that went through college will probably know their language.
>>
>>17966738
Well there are other data structures...

One that comes to mind (but might not be too appropriate for this situation) are OLAP cubes, which are a way to represent n-dimensional data with values in a coherent and fast way.
They're usually used for finances and shit, but the concept could easily be transferred to symptoms and the percentage chance for a headache type or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoE6bgJv08E

Of course this all also depends on what kind of a programmer you've got. He could try to figure this shit out if he's not just a code monkey.
>>
THX guys, i got way more good advice then i thought i would :D
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.