[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"mommy issues"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 8a1.png (26KB, 462x320px) Image search: [Google]
8a1.png
26KB, 462x320px
It's probably the cringiest fucking thing ever and I'm not happy with myself for it, but based on a couple of interactions I've had with the past few girls I've tried to be intimate with, I'm pretty sure I'm searching for the type of attention from them that I never felt like I got from my mom when I was growing up. How do I get over this type of thing? One of them straight up told me I should probably seek therapy and I'm definitely gonna do that but I'm not sure what good it'll do me if I don't know how to tackle the problem.
>>
>>17965855
how do your mommy issues manifest themselves?

elaborate OP
>>
>>17965855
Can you give en example scenario?
>>
>>17965855
I haven no advice at the moment, but I'll confide in you, OP, because I have really similar emotions right now.

My biological mother was and still is a drug and alcohol addict. She lives on the streets as far as I know. Needless to say, she gave me up at birth for adoption -- not because she wanted to, but because her foster parents, my adopted parents, took her to court to get custody of me. So, the judge made the decision for her.

Sure, growing up I saw her occasionally and would visit her, but she was largely never a part of my life. Sad thing is, I didn't really want her to be part of it anyway.

Worse yet, my adopted parents weren't really affectionate, and basically told me all these feelings of abandonment and neglect were just because I have FASD -- a condition that's caused when the biological mother drinks and does drugs when the baby is in the womb.

So, here I am, 21 years old, dealing with a whirlwind of emotions, but mainly just a severe fear of abandonment -- so much so that I have no friends and I've pushed my adopted family away because I'm really scared of intimacy. I fear that I'm not good enough or that I'm not perfect enough for any one, and that if someone were to get to know me, they'd leave anyway.

And you know what's the worst? I know this all comes from the fact that I was taken away from my biological mother and never had a chance a normal life, but there's nothing that I can do. I know what caused it, but I can't get rid of it.

Anyway, our mommy issues will subside eventually, OP, there's hope
>>
Yea man, therapy. It's rough, i have the same feels. If you didn't get unconditional love as a child you will look for it as an adult. Of course adult love can never and will never be unconditional, so that clips your emotional wings pretty severely, so to speak.

Honestly what I've discovered (I'm only 20 so I could be wrong) is that you just gotta accept that you will always be deficient in that department. There will always be that part of me that hurts, very badly, but expecting other people to compensate for my deficiency will only continue to hurt me, and create new pain.

Of course not getting hurt by your parents over and over helps. For that reason I cut contact with my dad completely, and only talk to my mom when I need her to fill out my FAFSA for college.
>>
My mom was 'present' (for the first 7 or 8 years I only saw her during weekends) but sh always treat me with disdain.
>>
>>17965860
>>17965861
I have really unfair expectations for women, and I have very deep seated fears about trusting women because of how much my mom yelled at me and criticized me for doing pretty much anything. It's just like I'm actively looking for a completely different type of love than what a partner is supposed to give. And because I'm looking for that type of love, I'm trying to give out a different kind of love than a romantic partner wants. So I work myself into these dumb scenarios where despite the fact that we're two young people who find each other attractive and no matter how well we get along with each other, we just can't connect with each other because we're expecting such different things.
>>
>>17965855

this could be normal or it could be creepy

the ideal girl for most men are 3 things to them

1 - their mom
2 - their whore
3 - their best friend

you need to decide what ratio all 3 of these are & hopefully meet a girl who can fill those needs for you
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.