[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

free advice/quick questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

File: anonisin.jpg (23KB, 379x396px) Image search: [Google]
anonisin.jpg
23KB, 379x396px
I'm here for a few hours

try to include relevant information with your question
>>
>>17964702
I'm struggling with math, always have. Is there any reference you could give to help me with Algebra and Precalculus?
>>
>>17964713
have you had a look at the /sci/ wiki?
https://sites.google.com/site/scienceandmathguide/
>>
>>17964721
No I haven't, I'll take into it. Thanks
>>
How to make erections harder without drugs?
>>
File: doctor anon.jpg (107KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
doctor anon.jpg
107KB, 800x1067px
>>17964736
well that depends on the cause, sometimes it's psychological, sometimes blood pressure issues, sometimes physical abnormality, sometimes hormonal

you'l have to see a real doctor
>>
I'm 10 years older than you
I'm more educated than you

Fuck you
You're a child
>>
>>17964752
Psychological and blood flow. Hormones fine.
>>
>>17964756
Something on your mind, chief?
>>
>>17964765
I resent you is what
You haven't lived your life to offer advice
What do you know about rejection?
Or the workforce?
Or bootcamp?
>>
File: mr bean disgust.jpg (34KB, 450x340px) Image search: [Google]
mr bean disgust.jpg
34KB, 450x340px
>>17964756
>>17964771
whatever your problem is, take it somewhere else
>>
>>17964774
Nigger this is supposed to be an advice thread
If you're shitting in your soup someone should call that out
>>
File: 1399514123360.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1399514123360.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>17964702
How do I motivate myself to get a job and read books without fapping or getting distracted a few pages in.

Is a degree with it? I want to be an entrepreneur. What degree are good and which are bad?
>>
>>17964778
If you wrote your questions like an intelligent human being you wouldn't have been told to take your problems somewhere else. Persecution complex much?
>>
File: 71OFFI4WTDL._SL1500_.jpg (110KB, 1500x1106px) Image search: [Google]
71OFFI4WTDL._SL1500_.jpg
110KB, 1500x1106px
how into bioethics
>>
>>17964771
I'm not the OP. I was just impressed with the quality of your comment.
>>
A lot of people (including friends) call me weird. I usually just take it with a grain of salt and embrace myself for who I am, but I'm starting to wonder if I should really change how I act.

I'm an outgoing guy who likes to sing songs, make dark, ironic and purposefully stupid jokes, give strong opinions on what I like to talk about (slightly exaggerated in an honest way) and be really loud and expressive when doing these things in my conversations, that's who I am. It's a bit ironic in itself since I'm actually a very quiet and reserved guy and somewhat of a nerd into politics, literature, philosophy and vidya.

What I've been doing is allow the people who like me to stick with me if they like it and the people repelled or neutral to not care and it's done me pretty well. I have friends and am happy. From what I've said, do I sound like I should change to be less "weird" and "loud" or continue to be the outlandish guy I am.
>>
I'm short. Extremely short. 5'2". Is there hope for me?
>>
>>17964778
Is that why you're angry? You shit in your soup? Is that a medical condition or just something you do for entertainment.
>>
>>17964702
I'm self-employed, so my life currently doesn't have a schedule. I always sleep well, but the hours are weird. What's the healthiest way to adjust my sleep time to something like 12-8:30 and keep it there?

Extra info: I eat well and exercise.
>>
Why can't I get my ass out of bed on weekends until noon or later if I've got nothing that needs to get done? On a weekday when I have classes I'm up early and energetic. I'm a pretty happy guy who enjoys his time awake and not some depressed person so... I don't know what's up.
I honestly can't remember the last time I woke up before noon on a weekend though. I'll sleep 12+ hours, easy.
Help.
>>
>>17964798
That's exactly how I was in highschool I recommended finding one girl to be with and stop fooling around, try to act a little more "normal" and talk more professional in a sense, you'll find a lot of people (adults) are like you, I'm 21 lol
>>
Is dating worth it in college or should I just focus on my studies and myself?
>>
>>17964832
That's what I'm going through, I was a slut in highschool, then my junior year started dating a girl, and I'm still with her, after being with a lot of people you kinda regret it, and sex means less, if you don't date I recommend not sleeping with all your opposite sex friends
>>
>>17964830
Thanks for the advice. How have you changed since high school if you don't mind me asking.
>>
>>17964838
I use To make dark jokes, like school shootings and holocaust jokes, then I got less offensive and more dark, probably from depression. I'm really out going and make friends easy, I can talk to people easily, but reserved with my emotions. But what I changed is saying offensive and dark things and become very sarcastic and try to act and talk mature, dad jokes are great, and I'm still my goofy self, but people don't think of me as weird in a bad way. My weirdness made me popular, I think it's the same for you
>>
File: dot.jpg (83KB, 736x1012px) Image search: [Google]
dot.jpg
83KB, 736x1012px
need advice for how to act/get the most from parties

going to uni, need adivce on how to do all the basic things at parties and get the most out of my experiences. I havent been to a party since freshman year (was eh) till last weekend i went to an actual party where i did things (drink a bit, beer pong, socialize etc.), im wondering what i can do to get the most out of it ( the club i go to is basically an unsanctioned coed frat who has parties every other week).

like basically, how to drink best, how to go up to and talk up women ive never met more easily (like walking to them, to dance with them, etc.)

not super experienced with picking up/talking up girls, only been in one relationship that lasted 3 years
>>
>>17964782
being an entrapenuer is not like other jobs, you really need an idea about what kind of enterprise you want to be in

motivation is personal, some people get a job to put back into their community, for money, for their lifestyle, to stay active, because they love their jobs
start there

>what is a good degree
depending on what you want to do, which country you are in
but as a general rule business/accounting for entrepreneurs

too many people however try enterpeneirship/art because they are simple unable to get or hold a regular job, this is not a good solution
>>
I'm married but can't stop cheating. Since January 1 i've already dated 7 different girls from tinder. I love my wife, she is loyal and hard working. How can i stop this ?
>>
>>17964800
haha don't blow things out of proportion

insecure people tie their self worth into "hard" measures, like IQ, height/length, net worth etc

they then use that as a foundation to attack others
don't let them get to you, they strike out of weakness
>>
>>17964815
I was self employed and struggled with the same thing, I used to work 42 hours on speed then sleep for days

I found that getting a good calendar app for your phone and using a LOT of alarms was the answer
it takes discipline to maintain the calendar, but it only gets easier when you start

setting an arbitary time for things helps as well, like 9:30AM being the time you brush your teeth
taking this approach it's harder to fall completely out of synch
>>
>>17964825
look for many young people, they don't get the sleep their body needs during the week
so oversleeping on the weekend is healthy

sounds obvious, but some people don't set an alarm for the weekend
>>
>>17964798
well that is a very big question indeed
"should I stay who I am"

people often highlight the differences of others, often for no real reason
don't overthink it unless you are actually having problems
>>
>>17964853
if you don't mind me saying so it's a very odd question

does anyone go to a party with an "aim"?
I just go to have fun

those american frat parties are very strange to me, I have met people in them and I just don't get it
so I can't really help much
>>
>>17964861
why do you think you do it?
>>
>>17964877
i have no clue, that might be part of why i feel kinda lost. should i have an intention or goal? do i need one
>>
>>17964702

Should i leave my gf for 1.5 years and go live the life in southern spain?
>>
>>17964869
Thank you. I'll try those. Happy sleeping, anon
>>
>>17964880
just go to the party, bring your own drink, find out who's going in advance

when you get there, find the host if they arn't already passed out
meet some people, have a drink
>>
>>17964892
what's there for you in spain?
>>
How do I make her miss me and stop being "needy" or "clingy"?

I am not doing anything extraordinary clingy, but she is very careful and needs a LOT of time to open up. She wants to, she says she's commited to this thing with me. But I have noticed that whenever I am busy or take longer to respond she seems to care more about me.
I don't want to be an asshole, but I also don't want to wait for her forever. How do I make her want me or miss me while still being friendly?
>>
I want to get a job. Is learning the heating, ventilation and air conditioning trade a good idea? Will already having a bachelor of science help me get an apprenticeship?
>>
I'm studying abroad atm (Netherlands). When I finish my MA I plan to go to Asia to TEFL for some time before returning back home (Caribbean)
How do I reconcile homesickness and the feeling of wanting to come back home ASAP with the feeling of wanting to travel and see the world/TEFLing in other countries? I'm kinda torn between homesickness and wanting to live somewhere else.
Wat do?
>>
>>17965022
man you are going about thing the wrong way
you have to be patient instead of trying to force her

unless it's been like a month and you are officially dating I wouldn't even worry; you'l just end up boxing with shadows

>>17965110
I'm a traveler, I know the feeling
at some point, you just have to go home

/trv/ will tell you about TEFL, I lurk the general fairly often
>>
>>17965095
like Isaid to the other anon, it depends where you are

in most countries going from a bachelors to an apprenticeship is a definite step down

heating and air conditioning?
well it's a trade, no better or worse than many others
it's more mechanics than science
check how the jobs are in your region, try find the employment projections

unless trade work appeals to you specifically, I would look at getting a degree if you can; and there is work
perhaps in engineering, but where I am science is a general first year of study

what would you do with your work day?
office, driving, building, measuring?
what have you done in the past?
>>
>>17965189
I already have a bachelor of science degree. I want to learn a trade so I can get a job. The jobs in science require a masters or a phd or 2+ years experience so I'd rather just learn a trade.
>>
>>17965183

It's been 9 months in this situation. She keeps stalling the whole thing. While still claiming she wants this to become a relationship. It is killing me.
>>
>>17965183
TEFLfag here. Yeah, I lurk there a lot, and I asked on there as well but it's really slow. Just thought I might as well ask /adv/ too. I know some stuff about TEFLing already, as I'm planning on teaching high school level English in general and doing CELTA alongside for now.

>at some point, you just have to go home
How do you recognize this point? When do you know that you've been away for too long? I've been back for vacation this Christmas, and it was really hard to come back here due to homesickness etc. I'm OK now, but I'm still kinda rethinking some of my future plans.
>>
>>17965209
>9 months

nigger what
bail the fuck out, you don't wait 9 months for any girl; period

man she is stringing you along, if she wanted to be with you she would be

man if you are her emotional punching bag I feel sorry for your ass

move on man, move on
>>
>>17964702

what are you qualifications ?
>>
What's a good field for freelancing? I would like to find a way to sustain myself without being a wagecuck.
>>
>>17965564
>r freelancing?

#1 is computers
>>
>>17964702

Kind Anon. How do I get rid of my yellow fever?

I got into a relationship with a super cute south korean girl. Now it's been almost a year since we broke up, and I just keep looking for another cute east asian girl to replace her.

It sucks because I think I'm missing out on a lot of good girls because of it.
>>
>>17965198
if you don't want to carry on in science that's understandable

but learning a trade is going back to square one
you would be far better stepping sideways into a university level course you thought would get you employment

>>17965224
I'm just putting it out there that if I had a CELTA level qualification and was studying teaching I would stay in the developed world and get paid; rather than go somewhere where workplace conditions were poor at best, wages were low etc etc

living overseas is hard, and it's not for everyone
you have to somehow manage all your relationships back home without being able to see people

how do you work out that point?
well it's never happened to me, I blow with the wind
but I suppose it would be when being unable to build anything long term starts eating at you
>>
>>17964702

I was offered an interview for a paid internship in a different part of my country (small European country, not USA). I specified on my application that I was unable to travel on Wednesday, but gave dates that I could travel. (This is 5 hours travel on a bus + a hotel if the interview was in the morning)

Although they were aware of my current location and travel specifications, they ignored these dates and asked me to interview in person tomorrow. I asked them would it be possible to do it via skype instead and they stopped replying.

I tried calling them and sent them another email but I've had no luck. I'm really pissed off about this. Did I completely fuck up or am I better off not being employed by them?
>>
>>17965558
someone asks every thread
congratulations, today it was you

>>17965564
working for yourself can be hard, you spend a lot of time trying to drum up work for yourself
like >>17965569 said IT is good, photography, sailing/marine work, freelance sales (the moving store, not cold call kind)

but don't buy too much into that "wagecuck" line of thinking, the people who hype it on /biz/ and such are narcisists and liars
that's strong language, but these people genuinely live in fantasy, many don't even have jobs.
being employed gives stability and security, don't underestimate the importance of that

freelancers boom/bust all the time when their contracts run out, they get fired, they upset someone, business runs against them etc
they tend to spend like sailors when they have money, and a lot of their energy goes into maintaining their self image
>>
>>17965571
I had a similar thing for italian girls
honestly I never saw it as an issue, but if you're over it try all the standard "get over the ex-gf" remedies

then maybe dig a bit into what it is that you like about them, is it just your ex or do you like korean girls for other reasons?

koreas>SEA anyway man, nothing wrong with being into korean girls
>>
>>17965582
I've been there, I can think of a few options
A. they needed someone ASAP, probably unlikely for an internship
B. it's some kind of test to see which applicant will bend over the furthest
C. they were unimpressed with your communication, you seemed rude, dim witted etc

but usually it's

D. poor hiring practice
they didn't have anyone qualified in recruitment, they didn't set aside enough time, they were happy to pick someone who was easy to interview rather than canvas broadly

I have a few ideas about what to do about this, but none of them are good
suppose it's just bad luck
>>
I am only 18 and freshman in university yet as soon as I moved out I start to feel utter hopelessness. How to get over it? Getting friends is impossible, actually, it is not possible for me to define "friend", came as an ultimate weird and continue to do so, I restrained. Have already fucked up my study, but the thing I do really fear is that I will have to sit and rot alone in my flat for a year, completely isolated, before I could attend university again.

Some people weren't made for this life, I am one of them. At this point what I feel is something that anons of 25+ write in their threads.
>>
>>17965630
how badly is your study going?
did you move town?
>>
>>17965615
Thanks. I needed to hear this.

I personally think its poor hiring practice because they're a small, underfunded, new organization and they don't appear to have a specific HR or recruitment department.

This is just particularly depressing for me because I've been job hunting a while. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be.
>>
>>17964879
I'm insecure and only feel valuable getting aproval from lots of women
>>
>>17965639
job hunting is a lot like that, good luck anon
>>
File: 1471147880250.jpg (64KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
1471147880250.jpg
64KB, 500x628px
>>17965637
I have 2 more resits, and then I am going to be expelled, you are not able to retake classes like in USA, three fails and GTFO. Next one is in 3 days, I do study, nothing comes up and stuck in my head, classic. However, I don't know anyone who passed and didn't somehow cheat.

I moved town, yes, much bigger town, had the opportunity parents provided me. Moved out of shithole, basically. Either return or rot in my flat, drinking random shit.
>>
>>17965643
well at least it's probably a personal thing, not an issue with your relationship

maybe it's your job man, someone giving you a hard time
>>
>>17965683
well you have to put the work into study, there is no way around that

try calling home more often if you're feeling cut off

when I was a student and was too broke to go out I used to just spend a few hours a day sitting outside listening to music
it kept me sane

it seems like these are problems that have been with your for a long time, and it will take time to set things straight
>>
File: anonisout.jpg (23KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
anonisout.jpg
23KB, 355x369px
>>17964702
anyway I must sleep, goodnight anons

will make new thread later
>>
>>17964713
Patrick JMT on youtube

Got me through calc i and ii
>>
>>17964736
Lift weights and do cardio. Get some sun. Stop being fat.
>>
File: bs.gif (517KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
bs.gif
517KB, 245x150px
61 applications
46 explicit rejections
losing money by driving 2+ hours 4 days a week to an unpaid internship

kill me senpai
>>
File: IMG_0707.jpg (57KB, 491x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0707.jpg
57KB, 491x300px
>>17965574
I learnt statistics as well as biomed but I realised don't have the connections or social skill to make office job world and I'm not really into reasearch enough to to grad school. I just want to train for a job that I can get. I think a trade is the thing for me. I'm a hands on problem solving type of person so it's not like I will have trouble understanding an electrical or mechanical trade. I'm just trying to figure out a trade to decide on.
>>
File: 20161231_235132.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161231_235132.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Quick run down of the situation

>Close female friend in high school years
>Into her and I later find out from her years later that she was into me
>Didn't do anything because I pussied out
>She was waiting for me
>Gets together with someone I know
>Accept it, I was too much of a coward and lost my chance
>Still keep contact with them
>4 years later they broke up on the 18th of December 2016 mutual, decided they weren't right for each other
>Me and girl still chatter regularly enough
>Planned to arrange a get together with her since I've not seen her in person for a while
>A little chat in a coffee shop, a movie or something
>We're now both 21

The thing is I'm going to ask her out but when has it been long enough since her last relationship? Would it be too soon to ask after our meeting up?

See how the first meet up goes and invite her out again and ask after the 2nd time?

I don't want to be too patient and lose my chance again, I know that she spends most days either doing college work or just stuff around the house with her sister or friends right now.

She's a decent looking girl and not a cunt so the second she starts going out the house more I'm afraid that she'll get snatched before I do anything.

I'm not going to ask her out over text, would feel like too much of a coward. I'd rather say it to her face.

I dunno, what do any of you anons think?

As thanks have a curious doggo
>>
>>17968253
Not OP. You lost your chance to be with her romantically once she got over liking you the first time. She likes you as a friend now.
>>
>post my kik and interests on soc
>be 20/f
>get a ton of replies
>boringbetas.jpeg
>one message is really interesting
>reply
>begin conversation
>I ask for a pic of him
>ohnoheshot.jpeg
>continue talking
>have really lengthy and interesting conversations
>I'm catching the feels
>asked to snap chat so I could show him my book collection
>he declined
>feelsbadman
>oh well move on
>have really in depth conversation
>find out we want the same things
> really wanna Skype but don't want to come on to strong
>trying to make it super clear I'm interested
>what do I do? Should I ask him?
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.