[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stop being a clingy fuck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 20170114_125056.jpg (3MB, 1709x2015px) Image search: [Google]
20170114_125056.jpg
3MB, 1709x2015px
I had a thing with this guy and months later hes suddenly made me a second priority

How do i stop feeling like i want his attention? Im sick of being clingy
>>
You stop wanting his attention by distracting yourself with other things. What's more important than that is making sure you don't act clingy.
>>
>>17964587
People pick up on vibes. Trying to not act clingy won't accomplish much.

Try to do some fucking self reflection. Why are you clingy?
>>
>>17964587
Also have to say I'm literally triggered by how retarded this comment is. Suppressing feelings makes them stronger.
>>
>>17964600
>>17964610
Have you never been through a breakup? Indulging feelings will make them stick around forever. Distracting yourself makes them fade away. Who the fuck doesn't know this?
>>
>>17964514
Become more independent. Do things by yourself.
>>
>>17964626
You are such a tool. How about "working through things"

I guess it depends on what kind of person you are. If you aren't the type to spend time thinking then by all means, just get involved with something else.

I think that emotions exist for a reason though.
>>
>>17964600
What a retard. Mostclinginess is done through text. There is no vibe to not texting someone.
>>
>>17964636
If you try to work things through with someone who isn't interested then literally all you are doing is being clingy. What you are describing is overthinking something in ops circumstance. It doesn't take much thinking to know that you want attention from someone. It does take thinking to know that you shouldn't contact them or they will be turned off. I have never seen someone be so high and mighty about being blatantly wrong before.
>>
>>17964636
>emotions exist for a reason

Yeah to make us want to fuck back in the cave days. Emotions need to be controlled and subjected to logic in modern society. Are you dense or just ignorant?
>>
>>17964642
Roasties like you make me wish I were gay.

If op wants advice from an actual guy with dating experience, I've given it. Best wishes.
>>
>>17964647
She should work through it but herself. Not with him. Introspection is a good thing.

You know what, just never mind. I'm never talking with exceptionally average teenage girls again.
>>
>>17964656
I am a guy, providing real advice free from your autism. What made you think I'm a girl?

You didn't provide advice. You said to listen to her needy emotions. What a fucking joke.
>>
>>17964666
What is there to work though? She wants attention because she likes the guy.
>>
>>17964642
Serioisly? Yes, there is.
If you purposely don't text me or change the way you text me, I will know.
>>
>>17964674
I enjoy attentions but I don't feel bad if I am not given attentions (anymore).
Clinginess is not normal, saying that you are desperate because the guy you're seeing is busy isn't normal either.
When I was clingy it was always because I was unhappy and I saw the guy I was dating as the only good thing in my life and craved his validation to feel good about myself.
>>
>>17964681
Yeah, and you won't get a 'clingy vibe' by them not texting you. Them noticing you aren't super there all the time is a good thing. Making yourself a bit less available will increase interest in you, especially if you have been clingy in the past. Make them miss you. Make them want attention.
>>
>>17964687
So what you are saying is have other enjoyable things in your life to keep busy with so that you aren't completely focused on them. You are pretty abrasive for someone who agrees with me.
>>
>>17964690
Yes, I will.
If someone goes from texting me all the time to sparsely texting me, I will know they are playing games.

>>17964696
Not the same anon.

I am saying that you shouldn't hide your feelings or ignore them. You should think about them, understand why you're feeling them and then work through them.
Having a fulfilling life is definitely a way to get over these feelings, but if you don't do it with consciousness you haven't solved anything.
>>
>>17964514
clingy can be okay if the other person feels like that. I think you should want to be around someone you're with like that. But at the same time people will die or leave and because of that you need your own interests and activities. Then you're not relying solely on one person to fulfill your life. Make friends, go do interesting stuff, take a class a couple of nights a week. If you drift away from someone at that point it was just how it had to be and it isn't such a blow.
>>
Op here, im back. I got caught up drawing some patreon stuff.

This advice was helpful and made me feel better about rejecting my feelings to help move on. Thank you all
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.