[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm turning normie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Sup /adv/.

I just spent a weekend away from my girlfriend with college friends. We basically did nothing, got drunk, watched Thunderbolt Fantasy, went to arcades and weebed out. It was great. But it also reminded me, as much of a useless piece of shit I was single, it was also pretty calm and content for me. While I wasn't always happy single, it reminded me that I've been turning pretty "normie" with her, for what it's worth. I just don't have the time to do all my old anime/vidya/whatever hobbies and I'm starting to feel kind of uncomfortable in general without all that time to do stuff.

What do? I love my gf dearly and MAYBE aside from my old roommate, she's probably my best friend; I really enjoy the stuff I do with her, but I do it so often I'm starting to feel exhausted. She understands I'm introverted as all fuck (she's the opposite) and says it's fine to need time by myself, but I know she's upset if there's time I want to spend by myself since we don't get a ton of time together with our work schedules.

I don't know how other nerds tackle this, it's exhausting sometimes. I don't think I want to leave her, but I've been trying to figure out balances to make and all I seem to have figured out is just how introverted I am...
>>
Im sorry but if your partnet doesnt encourage you and the things you love then they arent right for you.

Theres compromise but then theres flat out suppressio , and that isnt healthy.

My last partner did that and he dumped my ass horribly in the end. My current partner is as weeby and weird as i am.

Dont feel like you need to please other people to stave off loneliness.
>>
>>17964527
I wouldn't call it downright suppression, but I get what you're saying...
>>
Bumping again for other thoughts/stories, heading to bed soon
>>
I'm in the exact same situation, the way I see it things end up either one of two ways:

a) Stick with her regardless of my growing need to affirm my character, end up getting married two kids a dog and regret it on my death bed

b) Split up with her as smoothly as possible and enjoy life as an unashamed weeab with my buddies, hope I get a girlfriend with similar inclinations in the future (or another girlfriend at all)

It's tough but I'm going with /b/, I don't want to be another one of those normies who go through mid life crisis and get divorced.
>>
>>17965179
Yeah, I'm starting to see myself go in the same direction. :/ This is kinda depressing...
>>
>>17964168
just do what you feel like doing dude wtf
>I'm not living up to this made up cultural label used on a Indonesian shadow puppet forum, wat do?
>>
>>17965486
The normie thing is more mostly a joke, even if part of my resume identity is here. It's not about mongolian sock puppet forums, it's about feeling like I don't have the time to be me and that I'm uncomfortably changing but don't know whether this week is wrong or how to tackle it.
>>
>>17965613
just relax man. you can't be a weeaboo NEET dork forever. let yourself grow, you can still engage in that bullshit from time to time for fun.
>>
>>17965715
Growing up ain't fun, man.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.