[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like I'm becoming more racist as I grow older?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: this can't be real cory.jpg (75KB, 547x692px) Image search: [Google]
this can't be real cory.jpg
75KB, 547x692px
I'm a white adult female living in the USA (Minnesota). I have a job as a beautician and when I was younger I didn't really care about people's race, but now when a white person walks in I feel relief because I feel like they will be pleasant to talk to and easy to work on.

When a hispanic woman walks in who doesn't speak english too well it makes me mad and I think they're kind of gross, and when a black person comes in I feel like I'm going to get criticized on every little thing and they might get hostile.

I especially hate when hispanic women come in with their like entire family. There's always like at least one screaming baby and two kids who run all over the damn place.

Anyways I feel like I'm getting more and more racist and I don't like it. I'm pretty liberal and so are all my friends, so whenever I have these reactions I feel like an asshole and something's wrong with me. Is it normal? How can I reverse this?
>>
>>17964155
Why are you racist, you live in Minnesota.
You should spend some time in a place where you'd get shot just by walking down the street.
>>
>>17964155
It doesn't so much sound like you're racist, but just that you hate shitty people. The hispanic women you're not liking aren't because they're hispanic, but because they're bringing loud and obnoxious children, and the black women are hyper critical.

Do you also dislike hispanic or black women that are nice?
>>
>>17964195
This
>>
>>17964186
This. These people aren't going to hurt you.
>>
>>17964186
If anything, that just makes it worse because I'm racist even in a place I have no business feeling this way.
>>17964195
The problem is I prejudge people to be like that before I even talk to them.

I'm starting to get really racist against mexicans especially, whenever I see one that doesn't speak English that way I get mad because I bet she's a border hopper who can't stay in her own country and has no regard for our rules.

Also mexicans kind of gross me out for some reason. They're really greasy looking.
>>
>>17964219
You're acting like your opinion matters, nobody gives a shit.
So you're a dumb racist white bitch, there's literally tons of idiots like you.
>>
>>17964219
Okay, then ya, you're just racist. What's happening to you is pretty normal - not just in-group bias, which is common, but the human brain tries to look for patterns constantly, so if you've met a few mexicans or blacks that rub you the wrong way, you'll automatically feel the same when you meet more of them.

The way to get past that is to acknowledge that your prejudging isn't necessarily accurate - focus on your active, conscious thoughts than your gut instinct about people.
>>
>>17964241
>focus on your active, conscious thoughts than your gut instinct about people.
it's funny we need to tell people how to use their brain now, like they are too stupid to figure that out on their own.
>>
>>17964155
The people you're interacting with haven't and will never assimilate to American culture. There's subtle differences but you're now starting to notice them. The reason you never noticed that there were people in your country that were a pain in the ass to deal with was because you never associated with them. You only hung out with people that fell into whatever "click" you happened to be a part of. Remember? back in high school you only ever hung out with people that were like you and the only foreigners or blacks you ever associated with were the ones that acted the same way you and all of your friends did, you know the ones that were "cool". The ones you didn't associate with didn't exist as far as you were concerned, now that you're forced to interact with these people you're beginning to realize why multiculturalism is not a strength, it never was, you never believed that and the reason you take on liberalism is because you are under the assumption that anyone that's not a liberal is an evil, hate filled racist or something retarded like that.
>>
I guess that explains why I don't really care about americans who were born here of different ethnicities, because we have the same culture. It's good to know what I'm experiencing at least isn't abnormal. I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and keep fighting it from within whenever I encounter it.

What has me worried though is that it keeps getting stronger. You'd think that if I keep fighting it, it would be weaker and weaker. Is something I'm doing not right?
>>
>>17964241
This, but also:
Make more diverse friends. The cure for racism is simply to live and work with those people.
>>
Mexican women are so absolutely gorgeous.

I personally find it harder to work on white women.. they have terrible skin but they are the most appreciative, I guess because the transformation is so dramatic on them.

These people are human beings....I find it interesting how you can be so judgemental towards people who you rely on for your livelihood.
If my client has her kids with her, I make sure I have games and toys to keep them occupied. I stop to pick them up if they cry all while she rests. This is what our industry is about, making the woman comfortable, accepted and walk out feeling refreshed.

You will start losing business.

Things I did to achieve maximum positive responses for my business:

Learned about different cultures and especially within their cultural events. It will help with how you cater to them. You are there to provide a service to people, be the best you can be at it instead of breeding hatred through your line of work.
>>
>>17964401

Man, I hate kids though.
>>
>>17964409
I don't like them either but it's part of the job sometimes. Focus on what you are there to achieve. If you are doing this just for the money then get out now. Personal services should be done by people who are passionate about it and not someone in it for the cash.
>>
File: tx_most_wanted.png (356KB, 721x776px) Image search: [Google]
tx_most_wanted.png
356KB, 721x776px
Fuck 'em
>>
File: IMG_3258.jpg (57KB, 750x754px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3258.jpg
57KB, 750x754px
Implying a Mexican can survive that far north. Everyone knows they need the energy from lay lines that pass over Mayan temples to keep their skin greased
>>
>>17964155
my feeling getting older is certain groups of people in certain parts of the world are more likely to act a certain way but it doesn't mean they will. Take each case with an open mind but with caution based on past experiences. This is just human nature.
Frankly this is all those cops who ended up shooting black kids were doing. Their experience with blacks in their area told them they are a greater potential risk for serious consequences and so they acted more aggressively. I mean the media portrays these black kids and guys as complete victims but usually their actions right up to the event were pretty stupid and thoughtless and almost asking for it. I mean me, the most non threatening guy out there, I still take out my car keys and put them on the dash and have the window down and pull off as far as I can to the side and leave my hands on the wheel and don't make jerky sudden unasked for movements because I know a cop has enough worries running through their head about if they are gonna get nailed by a passing car or executed by some random asshole in a traffic stop. I'm Canadian mind you. Now imagine in the US where you can buy guns like you buy candy. Scary for them.
>>
>>17964155
It might help to understand that what exactly bothers you are different cultural norms, not the individuals themselves. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Back in my restaurant days I learned very quickly that I earned more money by letting that kind of shit go, as opposed to getting pissed over bad tips from people from other cultures. Gotta take the bad with the good.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.