[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unemployed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Can't even land an interview.It sucks, I really just want to get a job, save up and move out of my parents place. I've improved my resume, I've gone into shops to hand in my resume upfront. Nothing. It's not like I don't have experience and that I'm not capable, it's just no one seems to give me the light of day.

What can I do to improve my chances. I've mostly been applying for retail positions, I intend to study Computer Science if I am accepted. I greatly appreciate any advice. Thank you anons.
>>
Apply to fuckloads of places online. Want a hand with your CV? Post here without names. Screenshot the word doc and censor.

Definitely get your compsci degree.

How many places have you applied?
>>
>>17963655
Do you see yourself being able to do the positions you apply for? Employers would most likely discriminate against people who dont really "fit in" to the work environment.
>>
>>17963655
Shot in the dark but have you tried a functional resume?

I had the same problem. I used a chronological resume, and i had education, experience in multiple fields, management, and technical and no one ever called.

I switched to functional resume and my phone rang off the hook.
>>
File: Cw4bBIbUcAAzOqc.jpg (153KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Cw4bBIbUcAAzOqc.jpg
153KB, 1200x900px
>>17963655
Nobody wants to hire a lazy black man, dude! You should hire a white man to hand in the resumes.
>>
>>17963702
this
>>
File: p1.png (48KB, 744x743px) Image search: [Google]
p1.png
48KB, 744x743px
>>17963679
Here is the first page. It is probably the cause for my failure so far. I've applied for at least 20 places.

>>17963688
I might not fit in, but it's not like I'm applying for anything well beyond my skill set.

>>17963702
I haven't ever heard of that, I'll see if it helps.
>>
Job market is pretty fucking shit right now. I applied to probably over 100 different places for work/internships and maybe got 15 callbacks and that's just for passing the first part. Keep trying and good luck out there anon.

>>17963944
Your skills section and your experience section has some overlap. Try condensing the two together. Makes the resume simpler to read. Just a suggestion.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.