[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad is it to wear contact lens for 2 more days?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: url.jpg (5KB, 323x156px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
5KB, 323x156px
First time I ever used contact lens and got a 2 week pair. I used it only for like 7 days out of the total 14 days but I was supposed to get my resupply on Friday but they didn't come nor today. It's coming in tomorrow but I don't want to go back to using my glasses for 1 day at school.

How bad is it to wear contact lens just tomorrow until I get a chance to pick up my new supply (Didn't use them today since I was home but it was supposed to be the first day of using a new set and tomorrow would be a day after)?

I read that its bad because it builds up bacteria but I cleaned it with the solution (and changed the solution every time) but I'm not sure how bad it can be.
>>
>>17963642
infection or the salt in your eyes breaks down and edge and it cuts into your eyes.
>>
>>17963642

Depends on how sensitive your eyes are. Some people get reactions easier, some are perfectly fine when using contacts longer than adviced. One day should be perfectly fine. Just take them out if you feel anything weird in your eyes, start tearing up or your eyes turn red.
>>
>>17963664
ooo true I didn't think about that. I'll care my glasses with me so if it feels bad or anything I'll just take them out
>>
>>17963652
scary but I didn't wear them for 2 weeks so they got spared all the extra days of salt degradation tho I'm still hesitant about the bacteria
>>
Nothing bad is going to happen as long as you take them out before you go to bed.

I wear my 2 week contacts a few days longer all the time.
>>
>>17963681
for every day of the 2 weeks*
>>
>>17963685
thx for the reassurance! I never worth them to bed (didn't really wear them much other than just during school, so even less degradation)
>>
>>17963642
Wait, with 2 week lenses can you wear them for 2 weeks straight without taking them out? Not OP, but I'm confused and wondered if contacts exist that you can sleep in.
>>
I wear contacts AMA
>>
>>17963710
I was worried about you op. It sounded to me like you thought you good wear them for two weeks straight without taking them out. My eye doctor made sure to scare the crap out of me about that one.
>>
I have contacts that are supposed to last a month (worn day and night), to be removed and cleaned every 6 days.
Swapped them last week after having that pair in for 4 months straight. No ill effects.
>>
>>17965032
What name/brand? Are they expensive?
>>
>>17965049
Air Optix by Alcon.
Cost £40 for 6 pairs (two separate prescriptions, normal and astigmatic).
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.