[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ex advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).jpg (10KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10KB, 237x213px
So I was browsing on OKCupid, change the filter setting to match my by distance, and the first result is my ex girlfriend, and we're a 98% match with 0% enemy. Having a a lot of emotions. Kind of want to just deactivate my profile before she sees it but the morbidly curious side of me is hoping I find her in my 'Visitors' list.

I was and am pretty much over her, in fact I have a date tomorrow night with a girl, though now the fact my date is with a 78% match has shaken me a bit. Part of me despises being matched with people via algorithm and that many lasting marriages occurred between people who might not have been perfect matches on a dating website. Yet now there is doubt, that I made the wrong decision in breaking up with her or if we failed, this new girl is certainly wont be right for me.

Mostly, I am writing this to vent, clear the emotions so I can make a rational decision, but I'll consider any advice given so long is there isn't much trolling or meme-slinging.
>>
If you're really over your ex, why would you care what a website algorithm has to say about your match percentage, whatever the hell that is?
>>
>>17962988
Well there was a reason you dated her in the first place, right? That accounts for the high match %. And I assume there was a reason you guys broke up too, despite whatever you have in common. If you think you want to give things another try, go for it. If you're still getting over her or think this is just a rebound kind of thing, ignore her
>>
>>17962988
Stop putting so much weight on one girl. There are a minimum 100million girls worldwide who are better suited to you. Never regret a breakup or think about it. It's over. You're done. Find someone else. If this girl you're going to date isn't good enough find someone better. Stop thinking about your ex. Stop giving a fuck.
>>
Thanks anons

all stuff I needed to hear

seeing it just planted a seed of doubt, and had to excise it before it grew to regret
>>
should I block or hide her, and just force myself to deal with it and get used to it?
>>
>>17963027
I would block her and hide her.
>>
>>17963027
>>17963040
I would do neither, realize that it no longer matters and leave it. Blocking and hiding is making it into something it doesn't need to be.
>>
Lol shit mate this happened to me. A few weeks after we broke up, I had hidden her account on OKC and went back on it, only to have her fucking face come up on quickmatch because she made a new account. Supposedly it was because she wouldn't have answered questions the same way (even though you can just delete all your answers)
It was really awkward, we sort of laughed it off via text but it wasn't a fun experience. Just remember to hide her once this blows over.

Also I should point out that even after doing her questions again she was still a high match. Whatever, either the numbers mean nothing or they're only good at determining whether you could *potentially* have a relationship with this person, in which case they're not telling you anything helpful or that you don't already know.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.