[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Get away from my parents and get a gf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_ni6pihbTcB1tppe6no1_1280.jpg (577KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni6pihbTcB1tppe6no1_1280.jpg
577KB, 1200x960px
Anons,

I really want to move out of my parents and get a gf but I don't know how to do it without getting in debt and such stressful things.

Please give advice / share your experiences with me
>>
>>17962868
Step 1: Get job that pays rent
Step 2: Move out and pay rent
>>
>>17962868

live within your means.

dont got a job? get one first. than save up enough to put down payments on where you want to live (most places require first and last months rent up front and/or security deposit) plus you'll need start up moneys for the basic furnitures and whatnot.

pick a place that you can afford. find out how much you make a month. if it varies, aim for your low average.

then look at where you want to live. can you afford your own room? or do you need to share a room?

as for food, you can save money by shopping at smart and final or somewhere similar. a pound of non-red meat costs less than a 1.50 and will make up the bulk of your dinner.

have questions? ask.
>>
You have the wrong priorities.

Sure, a gf is nice, but it's not a priority. Focus on your career. Make money, look nice, get your own place, and you'll get gf's no problem.

Do you have a degree or certificate of any kind? If not you should be focusing on achieving that first. If you meet a girl during that time, cool, but if not whatever. Money comes before women, always.
>>
>>17962873
Thanks but I was more asking for specifics. i.e. What are good places, or places you used to hunt for apartments and jobs?

>>17962876
Thanks, noted the tip about shopping especially. How do I work out where I can afford to live considering taxes? Is there a good resource or resource you used for that or did you just calculate roughly?

>>17962880
Have a psychology degree, working on getting my CCNA in routing and switching. Have some experience in building websites,daytrading and in doing networking for small businesses.

I've pretty much been doing gig economy for the last few years, but I make almost no money... and I mean it's warranted cuz i'm inexperienced at everything but I would like to get on a good path.

I'm almost 26 and have never had a relationship and it sucks and working all the time even on weekends makes me wish I had a girl to take my mind off things sometimes. Y'know?
>>
>>17962915

So get a hooker lolol. A gf won't make you less lonely, bro. That's a meme. If you can't enjoy the single life, then a girl can't fix that for you. You gotta be a happy single male in order to attract a good girlfriend.

Focus on improving your looks and earning money and women will come easily. You can't go out looking for a gf, it doesn't work that way. Chasing women is always a bad idea.
>>
>>17962915

>how dpo i work out where i want to live

look around the basic cities go to craigslist then check the housing section. then check the different neighborhoods
>>
>>17962929
Sex isn't what i'm after, it's more the companionship and the closeness to someone and sharing life with them.

My relationship with my family has always been very strained and especially now. I'm always working with way older people and mostly men too.
It's really depressing.

The few times i've gotten close to girls it's made me feel better. Don't really understand you say it's a meme. Explain further?

>>17962942
okay, i'll keep craigslist in mind. How do I look around the cities though. Just drive around until I see open house / availability signs or do most apartment complexes just have availabilities and you go to the front desk?
>>
>>17962957

what? dude, again, just craigslist. look at neighborhoods, see the general price range for a pprivate apartment, a shared two bedroom, a studio, etc. dont just check open availabilities but check room shares as you can sublet for a while before figuring out where you want to live.

cities use craigslist more than towns.
>>
>>17962957

It's a meme because so many sad men are getting gf's thinking it's going to cure their sadness, and it either has no effect or makes it worse.

Nobody can make you truly happy except for yourself. Once you are happy as a single man, happy with your career, happy with your lifestyle, THEN you are ready for a relationship. Until then you're doomed to hookers and Tinderellas.
>>
>>17962981
I understand the craigslist part, and live in a city, so i'll give that a try.

>look around the basic cities
this is the part I was confused about. What's an effective way to do this?

>>17962987
What made you happy with your single life?
>>
>>17962997

craigslist. you go to each city you would consider living in (probably just the city you're already in though) and look at the options
>>
File: ufo.jpg (18KB, 238x320px) Image search: [Google]
ufo.jpg
18KB, 238x320px
I wanted to move out (20 yo female, student) for the last year or two, but a lot of family issues have been going on and i have to be there for my mother. I have a 16 yo sister and two parents who are divorced since two months ago (nothing dramatic, they are on good terms) and I don't want to leave her with y mum all alone. My mum's had a serious back problem that's been going on for the past 3 years and she rarely leaves the house. She has to take a cocktail of prescription pills (a mix of antidepressants, painkillers, heart, pressure, ...) which doesn't make her feel good to be short. I'm torn between wanting to leave to develop as a person (+ independence, adulthood) and staying with my mother who needs me (I guess, I didn't ask her but it's obvious). I told my sister a week ago about my idea and she almost cried of happiness because she understands what I want and supports me, which freaked me out - to see her so emotional over something I thought shouldn't be such a big deal (even tho it is) since I'm 20.

We're a small family and have always been very close (I still sleep in a bunk bed with my sister) so I feel like I would break their heart in this tough period. But at the same time - it will never be "the right time", and I have an itch that I have to scratch or I will eventually rot.
>>
>>17963212
You would probably be more helpful to the family if you get out of there and work on creating a good life for yourself.

You will bemore well-adjusted and fulfilled, develop skills needed to survive and be an adult. Once you get established you can always have baby sis over if she has a tough day, and I think your mom would be very happy that you're successful or at least trying to move on with life.

Since you guys are close that may bring some positivity into her life as well, like it would be a nice thing for her to think about if she was having a tough time..
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.