[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not a NEET but been living with my parents my entire life, I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1483226166996.jpg (25KB, 547x411px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483226166996.jpg
25KB, 547x411px
Not a NEET but been living with my parents my entire life, I'm 20 now. Usually been fine, after I got my AA degree, father has been much more aggressive, woke up today to be berated about my weight which he's done before but never this insultingly, and yelling to work more hours at work which is impossible as I work part time and am working the max number of hours possible. After that he cut off all Internet at home and when I confronted him and told him he's been making me feel like shit when he does this he told me to be a man and grow up. I want my dad to be happy/proud of me but he's always an asshole and it's near impossible to please him no matter what I do. I'm 20 years old and he still punishes me and treats me like a child. I'm planning on moving out for university in a few months, but as it is now living here is hell. What do?
TL;DR: I know, it's a long fucking post
Dad treats me like shit what do
>>
man up baby
>>
>>17962684
i dunno man try not being fat, working full time, and not living with your parents in your 20's.

college is for faggots. My daddy didn't go to no college and neither did I.

I work full time, live on my own, and I'm not fat and my dad have a couple brews every weekend watching the game, see where you're going wrong?

And don't think I don't have experience.

My dad used to hate me too.

I was fat, and played too much WoW, and didn't work, and lived with my parents.
>>
How fat are you? Do you do anything outside of the bare minimum? Hobbies etc? You might spend too much time doing fuck all.
>>
>>17962706
Anybody who tells you all college isn't worthwhile is a fucking redneck idiot and you need to discount everything they say.

It's one thing to acknowledge arts degrees are useless, and another thing entirely to dismiss all education.
>>
>>17962713
>thinks college is for faggots
>is clearly stating that all education and any life learning is for faggots instead.

bro you just agreed with me by disagreeing.

Of course education is great, nobody ever said it isn't. When anyone talks about college, they're not talking about an education, they're talking about a piece of paper that proves education.
>>
>>17962709
I'm 6'0" and 230 lbs, I know I'm overweight but I'm not a fucking whale, I work 30~ hours a week, when not doing that I'm playing video games which he hates more than anything, watching movies or I'm out with friends. His complaint is whenever I'm home doing nothing it's usually playing video games which I truly see no fault with.
>>
>>17962713
Yeah, I'm going into university as a biology major
>>
>>17962738
Tell me how I got my law degree without getting educated.
>>
>>17962760
>law degree without getting educated
I'll have college for 100, Bob.
>>
>>17962760
can you talk about rape cases without breaking down and literally shaking and running off to your safe space?

college has become a fucking joke
>>
>>17962741
>>17962743
The major is all good.

Here is how I would go about it. Approach your dad and say 'Hey dad, I get that you want me to be more adult, so let's do what adults do and make a deal. You'll give me internet back and get off my case about vidya, and in return I'll start exercising at home and I'll do intermittent fasting (can only eat calories between 12 noon and 8pm. This will shrink your stomach making you full easier and will also lower insulin spikes making you lose weight). I get that you want me to be successful, but big picture I am on the right track. If I keep putting in this effort things will turn out fine for me. If my success is important to you then I think there are more proactive ways we can go about this.'

A letter might be even better because he can read and think about it before deciding.
>>
>>17962775
this is very, very good advice
>>
>>17962772
Of course because that's not actually the reality of college for at least 95% of people. You just watch too much fox/infowars.
>>
>>17962777
Thx m8.
>>
>>17962775
jeez cut the details, talk about a snooze fest

between twelve hundred hour and twenty hundred hour I shall be a homo fat faggot
>>
>>17962778
yeah no shit the majority don't think that way, it's a very small minority affecting and shaping policy decisions though and the faculty either agrees or just goes along with it
>>
>>17962785
>shaping policy decisions
Not in any important faculty like business, law, science or med. They focus on facts lol.

>>17962783
I don't give half a fuck about what you think m8. I'm just happy you wasted your time reading it.
>>
>>17962782
cheers

thinking like Dad now: what's there to enforce the terms of the agreement? where's the assurance that son won't just fuck off once he gets what he wants and they'll be back at square 1? maybe add a bit along the lines of "and if I don't hold up my end of the deal, you can cut my internet and instead of playing video games I'll spend that time doing whatever it is you'd prefer to see me doing"
thoughts?
>>
>>17962803
Just have strict guidelines that he can enforce. Pick a crossfit workout online. I say for a fatty you start with every day doing: 50chin ups 100 push ups and 200 bodyweight squats. Divide the sets up how you like. In fact ask him to do it with you. It will bring you closer together.

With the intermittent fasting just do it anyway. Do you enjoy being a fat fuck?
>>
>>17962713
Where have you been the past 8 years? Trades have surpassed degrees (on average) and the best route is s trade into college.

College on its own is second to worst behind neet, and even then it sometimes loses. Want a second BA because you fucked up or hate you or degree? Hae fun with lower acceptance rates and no financial aid.
>>
>>17962831
This is only the case if you include arts degrees. If you exclude them you make about 70% more money by going into a proper profession. Arts students bring all the stats down and they should be straight up abolished.

Also trades are way more likely to be affected by automation so in the future you'll see the pay drop further behind real professions.
>>
>>17962848
Oh yeah because one day soon we'll never need mechanics, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, various appliance installers, etc.

You want a stem job? Have fun with your master's and possible ph.d. You'll be luck to make it out with only $50k in the hole.

Seriously, when was the last time those numbers were updated? College grads now can expect to spend the first few years of their career working a shit job to pay off debts before landing that "real job."
>>
>>17962793
>business,
affirmative action, diversity quotas, the entire hr dept, muh pay gap
>law,
piggybacking bills through, lobbying, that "hate crime" even exists, that's it's become fine not to enforce the """""inconvenient""""" ones
>science
98% of scientists agree on climate change in reality translates to 98% of scientists regularly get pressured into having certain opinions and/or keeping quiet about certain findings under threat of their funding being cut
>med.
see science, pharmaceutical industry

you're off your rocker if you think the madness that infests our universities doesn't work its way up into other parts of the system
>>
>>17962822
i'm not op, just an anon who supported your post because damn good advice & hope op considers it
>>
>>17962864
No, but will cookie cutter houses being more and more common you'll find that way more houses will be made in a factory by machines, then assembled on site at first with humans, but then robots will replace a lot of the assembly and the main trade will be inspection and signing off. As demand for the workers goes down, so will their pay.

I aren't the lawyer guy, but I make 46k after a 3 year bachelors degree. Will be making between 75k and 90k in 3 years after I get chartered. Meanwhile my electrician mates are on 30k after 4 years of being stepped on in an apprenticeship and borderline abused in every job. My pay starts higher in less time and increases at a much greater rate, and I only did a basic accounting degree, let alone those guys that do finance. Lawyers make even more but have to stay in uni longer. It's seriously absurd to suggest that trades will ever make more than professions.
>>
Listen to your dad, he's been a man much longer than you and he literally created you with his dick.

Take his advice, stop being a fatass.
>>
>>17962867
I can only speak for business but I did a whole business degree and they didn't meantion a single thing that you did. That leads me to believe there is a good chance you are 100% full of shit just spouting infowars talking points. OP, get an education so you don't end up like this sad fella.
>>
>>17962884
I'm not arguing that, I'm arguing the fact that most colelge grads do not enter a profession for years which deflates that "I million over your working lifetime!" Drastically.
>>
>>17962875
Cool thanks buddy.
>>
>>17962900
Most do very well if you ignore the shiteater degrees. And it's extremely easy to just not go into one of those.
>>
>>17962899
>hr departments don't real!

if you want op to not do what i did you'll have to tell him not to go to college, have fun with that
>>
>>17962867
You should have left out the crazy climate change conspiracy theory shit and maybe one retard on this board would take you seriously. As it stands you're a laughing stock even here. You know that right?
>>
>>17962917
Of course HR departments exist. They're an administrative necessity. Please tell me how they're a liberal conspiracy to make the frogs gay I can't wait.
>>
>>17962922
i have to respect you before i can give any fucks about your opinion of me

laugh away
>>
>>17962935
put the pipe down son
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-13-21-30-01.png (749KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-13-21-30-01.png
749KB, 1080x1920px
>>17962937
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAGAAHAHHAHAGAGAGGAGAGAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHGAAHAGAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>17962684
Man up. Tough it out for a couple of months. If he tries to hit you out of anger. Bust him in the jaw, grab your shit and find a friend that will let you sleep on their couch till you go to uni.
>>
This is OP, thanks for the advice, everyone
Also thanks for getting into a really fucking weird argument
>>
>>17963013
Lol np.
>>
>>17962713
>Art
>useless
Art and design are basically the only two things that interest me. I want to design toys and see children smile.
Thanks for making me feeling like shit.
No toys for your children. I hope they grow up becoming psychopaths such as yourself.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.