[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pipe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Pipe.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Pipe.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
How harmful is smoking pipe? Can it cause the same diseases as cig smoking or is it slightly better?
>>
>>17962641

ive heard slightly better. however slightly better is still pretty fucking awful.
>>
>>17962641
As bad as a cigar if you don't inhale. Worse than a cigarette if you do.

Also wtf why do you want to both look like a neckbeard and hurt yourself?
>>
>>17962641
According to studies it's magnitudes less carcinogenic than cigarette or cigar smoke.
Still not good for you, still causes cancer, and still screws up your lungs.
That said, there was a large scale study done on tobacco use and life expectancy. All tobacco products resulted in a significant decrease in life expectancy, except for pipe smokers, who had an average of four years greater life expectancy than non-tobacco users.
This probably isn't due to any health benefits of pipe smoking itself, and is likely a result of the people who smoke pipes being wealthy - which would skew the results in favor of a higher life expectancy anyway.
If you're going to smoke, smoke a pipe, but it's probably not a good idea.
>>
>>17962661
>look like a neckbeard
Since when is a symbol of sophistication synonymous with neckbeards? To answer your question, I find them quite relaxing, and they aren't as disgusting as cigs tend to be. But, as I've done more reading, I found the harmul effects to be very off putting and probably won't get one.
>>
>>17962669
Lol fedoras also used to be a symbol of sophistocation in the 30s-50s before the neckbeards became the only people wearing them.

If you are attracted to something because 'it's a symbol of sophistocation' then you're a neckbeard m8.
>>
>>17962641
Pick your poison. It doesn't matter if you smoke cigarettes, cigars, or tobacco pipes. You'll get hit with the same shit. Other than that, tobacco pipe smoking gives you a fuller flavor of tobacco without all the chemicals. Don't smoke it like a cigarette! Treat it like a cigar, it's the flavor you want.
>>
>>17962678
I'm not a pseud, if you're saying that ,but yes, you're indeed correct that the times have changed. But, as I've already said, I find them relaxing and that's the primary reason why I'm considering getting one.

>>17962688
I'll consider it, thanks!
>>
>>17962691
If you want to relax you're better off putting something green in that pipe.
>>
>>17962701
I never got into weed, didn't do much for me. Pipe, when I first tried it year ago, felt better, but nothing beats quallity cold beer for me.
>>
>>17962705
Each to their own. Do what ya feel, buddy. :) have fun and remember to exercise.
>>
>>17962718
Good day to you, too, anon!
>>
>>17962691
If you're just starting out pipe smoking. I highly recommend starting with a corn cob pipe. Super easily to light and kept lit, plus the smell of the smoke is fucking good. Smells like non-buttered popcorn!
>>
>>17962749
>corn cob pipe
Thanks, will do!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.