[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just found out that several people that I considered to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1474622761088.png (164KB, 405x289px) Image search: [Google]
1474622761088.png
164KB, 405x289px
I just found out that several people that I considered to be friends/acquaintances have been shit talking about me behind my back in a chatroom when they thought I wasn't there, including several people that I respected and thought were standup guys.

One of them even went so far as to edit chat logs to make it look like he was on my side and helping me, when in reality all he said was "fuck, OP is PMing me again", and then lied to me again when I asked if he had been honest with me so far. I caught another guy lying and pretending to be on my side, and several others have basically stopped short of outright lying by being very vauge and evasive.

Several others have at least made it clear they want to cut off all contact by blocking me, but I'm confused as to why these guys are lying to me and pretending to be on my side when all they are doing is shit talking about me behind my back. Its really manipulative, except that theres nothing for them to gain by doing this.

I should add that these guys are mostly in their late twenties/early thirties, so we aren't talking about some shitty teenagers here (physically at least), but boy, the stuff they have been saying when they thought I wasn't there has been incredibly childish and stupid. Pretty much the kind of insults you see teenagers use.

What do you do when you discover that people whom you thought were your friends/acquaintances have been lying and putting up a facade the entire time, and shit talking about you behind your back?
>>
is this 100% online?
>>
>>17962132
This case is.

These aren't random strangers, they are part of a niche community group thing that I have been part of for years. If it was random strangers I wouldnt give a shit, but for guys that I have known for years to lie to me, shit talk behind my back and manipulate me to make themselves look good really hurts.
>>
>>17962136
But you have never meet them in meat space?
>>
>>17962148
nope
>>
>>17962163

well forget about them and find some new pals

otherwise yes its painful
>>
>>17962163
You are sure that you are not really annoying online right? That would be an easy explanation.
>>
>>17962179
If it was as simple as that, yea, but even if its online, I spent years building a relationship with these guys only to find out that most of them were faking being nice. It being a niche community thing also makes it hard to find a replacement.

>>17962184
Thats not the point, even if you find someone annoying, you simply block them/don't interact with them. Sitting around shit talking about people is literally something that teenagers, not adults in their mid twenties-thirties do.

Everyone ends up meeting plenty of people they dislike during their lives, adults learn to accept that fact instead of bitching about others all the time.

And even if you don't like a person, theres no reason to lie to them and try to make them believe you are their friend and backing them up. That kind of manipulative behaviour isn't something you would do unless you are "special".
>>
>>17962163
Not worth your time
>>
>>17962197
>Sitting around shit talking about people is literally something that teenagers, not adults in their mid twenties-thirties do.
only a teen would think that
>>
>niche community group
>long term relationship
>only online

Probably, definitely an MMO. And since other people have blocked you, I'd say that you've been acting like a douche but are for some reason unable to see how.

Conclusion : Autism. Probably for real though, not like joking.
>>
>>17962205
I used to think that way when I was a teenager. Looked forward to growing up because I thought everyone would mature. I have never been more wrong.
>>
Sigh! Much ado about nothing!
>>
>>17962104
>>17962197
Unfortunately, this kind of shit talking is very common among immature adults..

Cut these scumbags loose. There ARE like-minded, kind people out there, but it takes effort to find them.

Here's a good rule of thumb: if you meet a person who talks shit, like really nasty shit, about someone else to you, they'll do the same to you. The way people treat others is the way they will treat you. Don't waste your time on anyone who says anything hurtfully negative.. I can be a dick, I've got my faults, but I never say hurtful things about people. I can be critical, but personal, emotionally abusive bullying (that's what it is) is unacceptable. If I've got an issue with someone, then I talk about it with that someone. I'd suggest getting out of the house more.. meet different kinds of people in different places. Test people by looking closely at their behavior. True selfless kindness is difficult to fake. Being humble and compassionate bothers shit-talkers and can make them go away. It also has a way of attracting others of the same thinking.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.