[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High school v College

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 123.jpg (221KB, 700x505px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
221KB, 700x505px
>be me, a 2nd year med student
>waste everyday you should spend studying on youtube/random game/just procrastinating without actually doing anything
>fall asleep promissing yourself that you're gonna wake up early and study and be productive and go for a run and do everything you should/want to do
>wake up at 2pm and waste another day
>start over

How do i stop this? i was top of my class in high school... i didn't try that much, but it felt good. Now, i barely pass in college and i feel so frustrated...
>>
Fix sleep schedule
Go to class
Do assignments
Get tutoring
Pass exams
Profit
Immediately lose profit to crippling loan debt

You're gonna make it.
>>
>>17961840
OP here
I don't really have classes or assignments because of the exams' period + no debt cuz i live in europe. The whole problem is gonna be passing the exams that start next week. Time just passes by... and another day is wasted... fml
>>
>>17961829
Bump
Any and all advice encouraged
>>
>>17961829
I have an idea so stupid it just might work. When you fail to do work, find a way to punish yourself. Make sure it is at least decently uncomfortable. Keep doing this every time you fail. Eventually, you might start subconsciously desiring to do work.
>>
>>17962236
Even though that sounds pretty weird, i'm desperate enough to give it a try. What would you suggest?
Also, any other suggestions?
>>
>>17961829
Was in same situation as you (currently 4th year med student). What helped me a lot was making a clear schedule, I had clear goals for every part of the day, and some time for rest as well. Add in some buffer time and it's a good recipe to get to work. Also coffee really helped me, I know some of my friends used other substances, but that's up to you
>>
Who cares if you were top of your class in highschool

If they gave you a detailed test covering everything from 1st to 12th grade you and everybody else would only remember probably everything only up to 5th grade and 10% of everything else you ever learned in school. I mean it's true.

And when you graduate college you're going to forget most of that too and just use whatever the least amount of information is to do your job every day.

College is an enormous waste of time for the most part.

Hope you enjoyed your stay in the educational system because it was total fucking shit just like you thought it was.
>>
>>17961829
how the fuck did you make it to med school with this kind of organization?
>write a schedule for your day
>item line it to at least the hour, but no more than the quarter hour
>schedule everthing: classes, study time, meals, exercise, leisure
>be strict about it, only take time out of leisure if you go over
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.