[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Point of getting married

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6325.jpg (17KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6325.jpg
17KB, 280x210px
What are the pros of getting married? What are some reasons one should get married? (if there are any)
>>
>>17961786
Most people will cite "kids" and "love," but there really is no clear happiness that comes with marriage, maybe a tax exemption or sating a woman's biological clock. Kids limit most ambitious plans, and self-improvement is much more reliable than marriage for keeping a steady fuck a phone call away after the sexual revolution.
>>
>>17961786
As follows:

Depending on your country, there may be tax, insurance or similar benefits due to laws or customs benefiting married couples.

Joint incomes, reductions in costs due to economy of scale. But you could achieve that in a defacto relationship. Or if you're really keen a poly one.

Getting ahead in life because the world sees you as a married couple. Not one of those filthy queers. Seriously this one opened up plenty of professional opportunities for myself as a nerdy introvert.

Once you're 'taken' other women want you more. The weekend after I got engaged, had a bar girl desparate to get a hotel room with me. She was only keen after I was 'off the market'.
>>
>>17961786
There are some financial benefits you can get from being married - tax reductions, for example.
In general living together cuts the costs, too.
If you plan to have a family together, being married gives more guarantees to your kids and to your partner.
In case you die, your partner should inherit what you own and where I live they also get some money.

In general, you have one person who is legally responsible for you. Which means that, whatever happens, you have one person that you can count on. If you're sick, if you lose everything you own, you have something who is responsible for your well being.

Socially, married people are perceived like adults and are more respected.

Cons... divorce sucks.
>>
Tax and insurance purposes.

If you have friends you can have a party.
>>
>>17961799
That's because people got brainwashed by Disney and Hollywood to believe that there's a "happily ever after", when in reality marriage is just like life itself, made by good and bad moments, some people can't take it and pretend to believe that they are going to find someone who will make their life a perfect fairy tale for the rest of their lives, if people were more realistic before and after marriage we would have less divorce rates.

And to OP, the pro of getting married is that life is easier when you have someone supporting you, also, the feeling of building a functional family is pretty damn good, but again, it should be done with caution, marry a person who have the same ground moral standards that you have, same life style, and more importantly, same goals in life, avoid getting tricked by the "omg, we share so many common interests, its like we're made for each other!" meme, this is just the bottom of the barrel.
>>
Marry if you want to have a quiet life with a simple woman, never ever marry an demanding bitch.
>>
>>17961786

tax and insurance benefits but a lot of that money you end up losing on the wedding if its expensive enough and gifts over time. it balances out.

there are legal benefits like inheritence and whatnot.

if you're in the military you no longer live in barracks, you get a free house. there are a lot of benefits for military people.

married people are more likely to get promoted so long as they perform as well as a single person.

if you're consideringb ut unsure, have a wedding and dont sign papers. if she freaks out and refuses than shes not worth signing papers with.
>>
>>17961786
Marriage is only as good as your relationship. My girlfriend is my best friend and we're content with just each other. I wouldn't think twice about marrying her.

But if things were just okay or even good then maybe I probably wouldn't marry her.

It's okay to wait for the perfect person. Just don't expect it to happen right away.
>>
>>17962524
I learned this the hard way
>>
>>17963179
A friend of mine did too, i just don't understand why some people pretend that they can live an entire life with a person who is never satisfied with anything.
>>
I got married because my gf at tbe time wanted it amd i had no reason why not.

Now im married and feel even though im not as happy and have been eyeing.up (but not actively seeking) other women im sruck in this relarionship as irs not as easy as just up and leaving.
>>
>>17963222
Then why don't you think about fixing your relationship? why isn't your wife insteresting to you anymore?
>>
>>17963250
This is something.im actually trying to.do.
Its just now.she has the same days off as me and is always around so.i dont get the time.to just be woth my thoughts and work.things out in my head first.
When i tell her i need alone time it always leads to 'why do you need alome time, do you hate being.woth me, etc etc'' which means i end up getting time.to.myself but not in the mood to try and figure how i can relight my love.
>tfw taking a shit is the only free time i get these days.
Even going out with mates leads to her bitching before i leave setting me in a shit mood.
>>
>>17963263
Try marriage counseling or just sit down and explain to her exaclty how you feel(in a nice and clear way ofc), It looks like you have and good relationship but with some comunication issues, this can be easily fixed if you want to.
>>
>>17961786
Depends on the person. Christians (those that actually believe) believe that the point is in two people become one, gradually. I believe this is how most good marriages work. These days this is rare since it requires putting the needs of the other one before yours and people got selfish.

People who believe in money think of the ways it can financially benefit you. This has the drawback of divorce, which costs you way more.

It is modern to shit on marriage (and christianity and selflessness) and this makes some people feel validated. Never quite understood why.

Personally, I try to be a christian and my marriage seems to work as advertised. Helps that I married a traditional christian wife who does put my needs before hers so it is easier to try to reciprocate once you have this example. And no, not in the honeymoon phase anymore, 7 years almost, 2 children.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.