[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stubborn Girlfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I want to know how to deal with my stubborn girlfriend. U feel like she constantly cannot take criticism well and blows issues out of proportion. I find it incredibly hard to stand up for myself in situations because I'm scared of conflict with her which leads to her having no respect for me.
>>
To expand, she got mad at me because I told her that I didn't like the way she asked me for things. She never says please and thank you and I feel like a butler, that's what I told her. She says she did something special for me recently (she did) and feels that I should put up with it this one time.
>>
Raise the issue to point it out. Don't fight about it (deliberately), just address that you don't like it when she does a certain thing and then move on.

This lets the issue defuse so she can actually think about it calmly without it becoming a Stand up For Who I Am battle for HER.

That said, don't fear her. Stand up for yourself and stick to your guns if its important. If the relationship ends as a consequence, so be it. Better to have done with it then continue in a relationship that makes you feel like shit.
>>
>>17961726
Raising the issue was what caused it. I mentioned it again when she did the same thing and that caused her to be really mad at me.
>>
>>17961733
Had the same thing basically, except she wouldn't talk to me for hours. If she acts this retarded over something so casual you can go home and tell her beforehand she can talk to you when she's not mad or acting bitchy anymore.
>>
>>17961713
Sound like she treats you like vending machine.
I bet she is that type of person:
>duh, i let you have sex with me, now you will do this
I would ran away. But maybe you will like this. Some people have relationships just because the surroundings tell them to. Try asking her dangerous question:
>why do you even want boyfriend?
>>
>>17961703
You let her treat you the way she wants because you're scared of being alone, right?!

Well, bad news for you, it doesn't get any better, at the worst, she will find a man that she can look up to and dump your sorry ass.
>>
How do I not "let her"? What behavior do I exhibit to make her respect me?
>>
>>17962166
>What behavior do I exhibit to make her respect me?
The ability to walk away from her, permanently, without hesitation, at any time.
>>
>>17962172
Expect to do so. She probably won't respect you. That ship may well have sailed. But at least you'll respect yourself again, and have a chance to maintain that respect and those standards in your next relationship.
>>
>>17961713
Was she particularly angry about this? How did you bring this up?
I'm getting the impression she's particularly aggressive, while you are very passive.
If you want respect, you have to demand it. Start establishing boundaries. Perhaps rather than asking for her to say "please and thank you", you should be telling her to do things for herself.
>>
>>17961703
You're being overly sensitive, its not like she is being disrespectful deliberately, if it bothers you that much consider the ultimatum
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.