[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get in trouble for asking someone out at her workplace?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: eyes-surprise-dog-pics-face-lab.jpg (236KB, 972x972px) Image search: [Google]
eyes-surprise-dog-pics-face-lab.jpg
236KB, 972x972px
Can I get in trouble for asking someone out at her workplace?

Here's the story:
>I had some medical examination (nothing special, just general stuff)
>one of the assistants is a young cutie
>we talked, she seemed to be quite likeable
>next day I had another examination
>when she was alone in the room I went next to her and asked quietly: "Would you like to have a drink with me?"
>she laughed in surprise (not in an offensive way) and told me that sorry, but no
>I remained calm and cool and even joked about that one would never know without trying (she agreed)
>after that we talked and I think everything was ok
>(after I went home I checked her FB account - I shoud do that before, I know - and she has a boyfriend, by the way)

Unfortunately I'll have another examination on this week and I'll even meet the chief physician.

What are the chances that this assistant told anyone (especially the doctor) what happened?
Can I get in trouble?

Well I didn't commit any crime and even if this young woman thought that I was inappropriate there were no witnesses to comfirm that I asked her out... right?

P.S.: Yes, I'm paranoid as fuck.
>>
I don't understand what, if anything, you're afraid of.
>>
You asking someone on a date and getting turned down isn't going to get you in trouble. If you had slapped her ass or something or maybe HAD been a jerk when rejected, but no harm no foul. Just be as casual as ever knowing the chances are now closer to 0
>>
they may scoff at you or make a joke at your expense but no you cant get in trouble lad
>>
File: 1483486049917.png (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1483486049917.png
3MB, 2560x1600px
>>17961627
OP here again - I wanted to add (but had a connection problem):

I kinda know that the worst thing that might happen is that the other assistants know about this and they'll laugh at me behind my back.
I honestly wouldn't give a fuck about that.

But, you know, we live in an age where women accuse every second guy of rape and I don't want to be one of them.

I hope this woman really felt the way she acted: cool and without any grudge.

I don't think she told the chie physician, by the way.
She's just an assistant and that man is her boss.
She'd only tell him if she'd think I was inappropriate or something.

Also
>>17961646
>>17961653
>>17961764

Thanks for the replies!

I see... As this anon said
>If you had slapped her ass or something or maybe HAD been a jerk when rejected,
>but no harm no foul.

I hope you guys are right.
As I said, I'm paranoid as fuck.
>>
>>17961627
>>17961779

>I talked to a woman, now I'm scared of going to jail on a false rape accusation.

This is fucking ridiculous.
>>
You acted cool and backed off, nothing to worry about, also, she by what you described, she didn't took it seriously.
>>
File: 1483143824499.jpg (533KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1483143824499.jpg
533KB, 2560x1440px
>>17961788
It's the current year, Anon.
False rape accusation is a common thing.

>>17961873
Thanks for the feedback.

> she by what you described, she didn't took it seriously.

Fortunately this.
>>
>>17961927

Lol, no it isn't - get real faggot, you're not even fucking her.
>>
>>17961952
>it's an "Anon tries to be cool on a taiwaneese cartoon forum" episode
>>
Man or woman, asking someone out at their workplace while they're on shift is cringey and awkward. Especially in a medical field where they have to be there for physical examinations and shit. You won't get in trouble or anything, but she definitely could've if she said yes, hell, she could still get a talking to from her supervisor over it

don't do this again
>>
That was a normal interaction. You asked her out she politely refused. That's how shit is supposed to work.
And since she has a bf atleast you know that's the reason why she refused also no reason you should have checked her profile before. Its not your responsibility to research them before asking someone out.

Stop being so insecure and thinking everyone is out to get you.
>>
>>17961978
Thanks!
While you're absolutely right, I think that this Anon also speaks the truth:

>>17961977
>Man or woman, asking someone out at their workplace while they're on shift is cringey and awkward.

It was a bad idea.
I learned the lesson.
>>
>>17961977
Not really. Only if you are antisocial and ask someone out without any previous contact with them. And even then that's not a big deal.
Many people with bad social skills and really low self-esteem think any and every social situation with someone you don't know is cringey and awkward.
Seriously its not that big of deal as you make it in your head. If someone asks you out and you get overly uncomfortable and are incapable to drop it and move on with your day that shit is on you and you should seek help. Obviously if someone is repeatedly asking you out or harassing you then you have a point.
>>
>>17961994
Good

>>17961998
No, I've worked in medical offices before and it's considered highly inappropriate. As I said, she likely would have gotten in trouble over it.
>>
>>17961994
Dude no. Don't beat yourself for having the courage to ask her out. Everything went fine. You are just creating these weird scenarios in your head and letting some crazy stories(like someone accused of rape or something because they asked someone out) which isn't the norm to dictate what you should be able to do. Most people are normal and like being asked out even if they refuse. Its pretty normal in the real world to ask a person out who works in the same workplace. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>17962014
>Its pretty normal in the real world to ask a person out who works in the same workplace
Did you read the OP? They don't share a workplace, she is a PA and he is her patient. Way different
>>
>>17961779
>But, you know, we live in an age where women accuse every second guy of rape
No we don't. Not even every second rapist gets accused.
>>
>>17962012
>As I said, she likely would have gotten in trouble over it.

No one heard us talking.
If she won't tell it anyone, nobody is going to get in trouble.
>>
I asked a receptionist at my chiropractor's office out, once. We had a pretty genuine rapport, but she also declined. It happens, man. Being able to take rejection on the chin is a very respectable, and almost ironically attractive trait.

You're fine bro, just don't sweat it. Girl probably thought you were sweet.
>>
>>17962203
she could've gotten in trouble for going on a date with you, not for you asking her out. moron
>>
>>17962208
Thanks for the positive approach, Anon!
I really do appreciate it.

>>17962213
Fortunately that won't happen, so no problem.
And please don't be so rude - I only came here for advice!
>>
its sad that beta culture has people convinced that simply asking another human being to join him for a drink can have consequences.
>>
>>17962225
>its sad that beta culture has people convinced that simply asking another human being to join him for a drink can have consequences.

... and this is how MGTOW was born.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.