[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me save my potential...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3018.jpg (57KB, 344x344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3018.jpg
57KB, 344x344px
>weed is a waste of money
>weed makes you unmotivated
>weed makes you lazy
>weed ruins your short term memory
>weed ruins memory in general if you smoke long enough
>weed will shape your brain abnormally when smoking heavily in your 20's and earlier

I freely acknowledge these, but I'm having the hardest time ever stopping smoking.

My roommate has weed whenever I don't, so even when I stopped buying I still felt and followed through on the compulsion to smoke with him.

It sounds retarded as fuck, but I have a real problem with weed and can't stop myself... Been about a year since I started smoking regularly, terrified it will harm me mentally as I'm in my early 20's...

Sorry for the blog post, desperate for advice from people who might've been in similar holes. Specifically asking /adv/ because I've seen many (seemingly and rarely) motivated and helpful posters here who have helped with more serious drug problems, so mine must be a breeze.

Thanks
>>
>weed makes you unmotivated
>weed makes you lazy
>weed ruins your short term memory
>weed ruins memory in general if you smoke long enough
>weed will shape your brain abnormally when smoking heavily in your 20's and earlier

None of that is true. By the way, you're the only thing stopping yourself from doing what you want. Stop blaming and start taking responsibility, you limp wristed degenerate.
>>
Might sound cliche, but you need to find a greater purpose to work towards. Something you want to accomplish, that won't be possible as long as you waste your time with drugs. As long as you're aimless you're going to find addictions to fill the void.
>>
>>17961013
personally for me it does fuck my short term memory. and the it affecting ur brain if u smoke pre 21 is completely true. idk about it shaping ur brain though
>>
File: 96514089.jpg (98KB, 413x413px) Image search: [Google]
96514089.jpg
98KB, 413x413px
>>17961010
>> you waste money
>>you make yourself unmotivated
>>you make yourself lazy
>>you ruin your short term memory
>>you ruin your memory in general if you smoke long enough
>>you will shape your brain abnormally when smoking heavily in your 20's and earlier

Fixed that for you.

Change your mentality. Instead of blaming the stuff, blame yourself. You are not in control of your life and are being ruled by a drug that isn't even chemically addictive. If you want to take your life further it's up to YOU to cut out what you don't need. If weed negatively affects you and you acknowledge this then you already know what to do.
>>
Hey OP,

I've been sober for 16 days now, and today was the hardest day I've had yet. I haven't spent a New Year sober since 2009 and I'm 24. I know it is hard as fuck to stop, and after a few days you might have a string of really bad headaches for a few days (I went through this, wondering if it was thc withdrawal or sugar withdrawal), but please trust me when I say you will feel so much better about yourself...

I'm 245lbs currently and because I have stopped my self worth and confidence has come back. I've been flirting with a few girls at my new job and been asked to hangout by one cute girl at my old job. Not sure what's going on, but my aura is changing and I believe people can tell.

When I was getting stoned last year it was pretty much an everyday ocurrance. I was using it to escape my responsibilities, my problems, and most importantly I was escaping my own self and cutting off the people close to me in the process.

I understand your struggle brother/sister, but you can do it. Regular NA meetings have helped me a lot; no better person to talk this out with you than a fellow addict.
>>
>>17961063
He knows what to do he needs help doing it. Are you retarded? Or is this another case of
>JUST DO IT

I don't even smoke weed but that answer is beyond useless.
>>
Have you tried telling your roommate? He can just never offer.
>>
>>17961084
He said he doesn't want to be in that position when I mentioned it before (not in any serious way) so it might not be the best idea

>>17961078
Thanks, you hit the nail on the head
>>
Abusing weed, sure.

Stop it if its obviously harmful.

I keep my use down as it makes me unmovtivated, socially dysfunctional, paranoid and lazy. Most strains does this to me so i stopped using it daily. I use it maybe once a month now.

If its causing you negative effects then you shiuld stop.
>>
>>17961103
I get that I NEED to stop.

My problem is that I need advice on how to effectively do that. Everyone can say they'll go cold turkey without some ideas on how to alleviate the change.
>>
>>17961136

Mental will, self control and discipline and lots of determination. Also, visualizing your end goal if you were to be successful and visualizing the result if you were to fail helps a lot.

There's no step by step plan. I do suggest ridding THC from your system through exercise and drinking lots of cranberry juice.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.