[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to properly break up with a nice person

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

So /adv/ I'm in a situation here. I've been dating a really nice girl for about two months. She seems to really like me, and has been talking about all the things we'll be doing together over the course of the year etc. She's hot, a gamer, a techie, independent, etc.

The problem is our belief systems are just incompatible. We're literally opposites in terms of politics, metaphysical beliefs, and really critical social issues. There are also some other things: she would never get an abortion, and I've always known I'd never be with a girl without that option. She's got a ton of baggage that is like, relentless. I like her and we've had fun but I've realized it won't work long term.

I've never broken up with anyone before; I'm on a business trip and right now she thinks everything is cool, we're texting like normal. Next time I see her I'm going to break up with her.

How do I do this kindly? I like her and I dont want to add to her issues, which suck and are unfair for her, but we're just not compatible.
>>
>>17960801
It's better to just be straight up honest with her and basically say what you just said here. If you're not compatible then you're not compatible. There's zero sense in worrying about "adding to someone's problems." It'd be problematic and selfish if you didn't tell her what you're thinking. Yeah she'll be hurt and probably really depressed for a while but it's better in the long run man.
>>
Just be honest and don't try to keep her as a friend.
Your relationship is well all over after this.
>>
File: images-7.jpg (35KB, 495x297px) Image search: [Google]
images-7.jpg
35KB, 495x297px
Is she Christian? If so, tell her it's not good to be 'unequally yoked'.
>>
>>17960870
That's the stupidest thing ever. Just be honest with her OP if you have any respect for her.
>>
Question about the honesty: I haven't cheated on her, but I am probably going to be dating someone else in the very immediate future. There is no way she'll find out (has no mutual friends) and I feel like I shouldn't even tell her that. Is that the right thing to do?

Also just like...whats the right level of kindness? Do I just ask for my books back? Give her a hug and tell her goodbye? Offer to be there to help if she needs it platonically?
>>
>>17960892
You don't need to mention you're going to be in a relationship with someone else pretty soon. That's none of her business and doesn't really help the situation.

Be kind but firm in sharing you're incompatibility and stuff. If you feel like hugging her is the right thing to do, go for it. Personally, I think it's pretty shitty and sends mixed signals. And, for your sanity and hers, break off all contact with her for a time in order for her to heal. Maybe you both could eventually be decent friends down the road but, offering to "be there for her platonically" is bad. It'll keep her thinking she's got a chance to get back with you again.
>>
>>17960892
Yes, all you have to say is that you think that your personalities and viewpoints are too different for anything other than friends. Just don't get pushy with the "let's just be pals" bit, because that'll come across like rubbing salt in the wound.
>>
>>17960876

You clearly don't know what that means
>>
Interesting read. I'm in a similar situation. I've been FwB with this one girl but now she has started to have feelings for me. She's just not relationship material, I don't want to get serious with her. So I need to break up with her unless I can convince her to just stay FwB.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.