[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't like this life and I don't know what to do.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 10ab7c7.jpg (44KB, 505x379px) Image search: [Google]
10ab7c7.jpg
44KB, 505x379px
I've been employed full time for three years and I feel like the only time I look forward to in my life is the weekends. My current job isn't what most would call a bad one, or a dead-end, I'm just sick of doing the same shit. I'm pretty much depressed exclusively on week days and engaging in desperate escapism like staying up late so that it'll be longer before I have to work and occasionally comfort eating. Living for the weekend is just fucking wack, I want to be happy for more than 2/7^th s of my time on earth.

I could quit, but what's the point if I'll just get sick of the other job within two years?

I've thought about trying to move up in the company, but looking at what my senior colleagues do, I'd just get sick of that too.

How the hell is everyone else suffering the same fate with a simile on their face? Is there a way out for me if I don't care about fast cars and cool clothes and would be happy living in a one bedroom flat for the rest of my life and never having children?

And before anyone mentions retirement, no, I would not like to wait until my joints ache and I'm tired all the time and I can't get an erection to try and enjoy my life. That is ass fucking backwards. I'm young and virile right now, I don't want to waste this time!
>>
Bump
This can't be all there is there has to be a way out.
>>
What do you really enjoy doing? Why are you at this job in the first place? If you could be at any other job that aligns with your values, what would it be?
>>
>>17960569
My obsession is bicycles right now, but go read the forum replies that show up when you google "should I become a bicycle mechanic" and you'll see why that's off the cards.

All I really want is a job that helps people rather than just the company I work for, but most of those jobs require a high qualification and my attention span is too fried to even finish a book.
>>
>>17960596
Ok. So it sounds like you value financial security. What else do you value? An obsession is different from what a value is. What is it about your current job that doesn't align with your values. Usually when people are uber dissatisfied with their job and their lives, it's because they're not moving towards their goals and values.
>>
>>17960606
I work in broadcast and now that the internet exists, television is of little service to the community other than selling bullshit vibration fitness machines and grooming children for consumerism through manipulative advertising.

I want a job where I can serve the community or at least make a difference in other people's lives. That way I have a purpose at work other than selling my labor to buy food. Police or military sounds good for this but I don't want to be tied to the government, especially when politics is fairly backwater in my country.
>>
>>17960482
Life my friend, life. I been sufferi g throgh the same job for almost 10 years. Imagine yourself doing that job for 10 years. I can go into a big talk about the economy and nepotism but the main reason i keep this job is because I am stubborn and i dont know when to quit. I grew up taught that quitting is for pussies. It is ingrained in me. However a couple buddies quit and got other jobs and seem happy even tho they are making less. I envy them but i cant ring myself to do it.

How do i deal with it? Easy. Its called a hobby. You need a hobby or hobbies rhat consume your life. If you sont have one your job and experiences at work consume you. If you have a hardcore hobby you just think about ALL the time work becomes just a boring activity tbag is quickly forgotten when you do your hobby. You even start thinking of your hobby at work making the day faster.

My hobbies are Brazilian jiu jitsu. Yoga. Hiking, guitar, beer making, cheese making, wood carving, hockey, music recordig and fishing.

Thats alot of hobbies right? How can i have time to think about my job when i do all of these?
>>
>>17960644
So you also value giving back to your community. Would you want to work directly with people or more in the background? What're the needs in your community?
>>
>>17960659
>Brazilian jiu jitsu. Yoga. Hiking, guitar, beer making, cheese making, wood carving, hockey, music recordig and fishing.

>can afford to make beer and pay 200$/mo to hug men in pajamas

get the fuck out rich fag nothing you say has any weight

go take your salary somewhere else
>>
>>17960673
I would love to work directly with people, it would be great to see the difference I'm making personally.
>>
>>17960706
P.S. - Working in the background would still be great as long as it was helping.
>>
>>17960706
>>17960725
Ok cool. So what kind of jobs in your community deal with people that you see yourself doing that align with your values?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.