[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How am I supposed to ask for a resume

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

If I want to get a job at a retail shop, how do I ask for a resume to fill out? I couldn't find one online.
If it's a scent shop, would it make me look better to buy something and then ask if they are hiring, or do I just go in and ask? How do I not seem awkward?
>>
>>17960469
You make your own resume, they may also make you fill out a application form when you get there. Its ez pz.
>>
pls be real

a resume is something you make. an application is something you fill out.
>>
>>17960481
Sorry I meant application
>>
>>17960472
Well yeah. I meant what exactly am I supposed to say?
>>
>>17960488
just walk in and ask if they're hiring. they might give you an application, or ask you to drop a resume, so you should probably make one and print out a few copies.
>>
>>17960496
What happens if I don't bring one and they ask?
>>
>>17960508
then you look like a stupid little kid and run out of the shop crying with spaghetti spilling out your pockets
>>
>>17960508
Then make a resume first. It isn't that hard. Just talk about any work experience or education you may have.
>>
You make out as an idiot if you shop before or even after. You want them to know you are primarily there because you want to work there not because it's convenient for you. Make your own resume. Ask for an application and make sure you have all ypu personal info to fill out that application then and there.
Are you older than 18 or?
>>
>>17960469
most retail places don't care about resumes in my experience when you ask for an application initially. attach one after you get an application.

go on a day that isn't busy, otherwise you're going to piss the staff off. don't linger, don't bother them. get straight to the point and then leave them alone but be friendly and confident.

if you're nervous, be a customer for a while and then ask for one. but again, don't linger and fill the app out there. DO NOT ask for one on a busy day and don't hassle them during unbusy hiring seasons.

>>17960496
then you look online at reference ones and make one to the best of your ability. if you're young which you sound like you are, they're going to be understanding. just be articulate and spell correctly. don't sound like an idiot and you'll get hired.

they like to hire people young because they like to mold you and believe they can make you into management material

regards, a hiring manager with 10 years retail experience in retail hell
>>
>>17960537
Most of his info is correct except for not lingering and filling it out there. I worked as a hiring manager for retail auto for about the last 7 years and I basically dumped apps that people left the store with unless I really needed some people for the season. You leaving the store with an application leaves a lot of questions of basic competency to chance. If I saw you fill out an application in 10-15 minutes I know you're not an idiot and can read, etc. etc. Online apps usually have a hidden timer somewhere that flags apps for the same reason, more so with the timer than any of the shit people think we care about like the 20 question AM I A SCHOOL SHOOTER survey at the end.
>>
>>17960564
Well it's at bath and body works so I am nervous about them not hiring me since it's not the beginning of the holidays. And do I ask if I can fill it out there or ask if there is somewhere I can sit to fill it out? What if they interview me the first day?
>>
>>17960591
For retail, always go in HOPING to be interviewed the first day. If you're interviewed on the spot they need people. No average retail places expects you to have or even cares if you have a resume, but they do want you to be ready to answer the barrage of listed questions if they're new, or their own personal questions if they've been there a while. Long and short answers of "This will be my first job but I want to do well and want to learn" are the best, but only if you mean them. If you're being "forced" into a job by your parents, need to apply to fill out some benefits shit, or basically just look and act like an unmotivated shit, you'll be declined.
>>
>>17960608
I'm generally so monotone and short answered because of anxiety. How do I seem more enthusiastic? Also thankyou for the answers so far.
>>
>>17960621
And what's a good question to ask the interviewer
>>
>>17960564
except auto is way different than mall retail because they are only allowed so many workers, usually for holidays/seasonal depending on busy season. this goes for bath and body works, which is probably inside a mall.

a lot of times, as harsh as it is, if a hiring manager is interested in you (malls usually hire depending on looks and I've worked at many), within minutes they'll ask you questions. if this happens, then you'll know you're good to go op.

and of course I didn't mean just ask and go within seconds. don't be a lingerer and don't be awkward. if you come out as stiff it's okay, just don't be annoying and you'll be okay. know when to leave, because they have things they need to do, and it can ruin your chances unlike what this anon thinks.

>>17960621
to make yourself seem more enthusiastic if you have anxiety be honest and let them know you want to gain experience and learn to be more assertive. tell them you're good and like being with people and want to work and expand on this trait; that way you're not lying but you're also building yourself up.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.