[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loss of pleasure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: redgrapefruit.png (167KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
redgrapefruit.png
167KB, 600x600px
Have any of you dealt with long-term loss of pleasure/Anhedonia before? I'm only 18 and my interests and pleasures keep fading away. I can't have fun anymore, just be entertained, and even that's difficult. So far, I've stopped enjoying movies, video games, books, 4chan, visual novels, chocolate, the sound of rain, and more. I believe it stems from Dysthymia, or a minor depressive disorder. Running and meditation has so far not helped.

I'd like to hear from someone in a similar situation. Can you tell me your story? Do you have any advice?
>>
>>17960377
stop browsing 4chan.
Seriously, you say you lost interest but you are here everyday anyways.
Focus on something productive in just do it instead of browsing the internet mindlessly every day.
>>
>>17960377
That's basically life from here on out.

I realized once I stopped having that childish, naive outlook on life -- almost like everything was new and exciting, then it got boring. And quick, too.

Look, you might have a few moments in life when you feel genuine emotions -- when things aren't dull or constantly boring. Those are the moments you have to really appreciate -- they don't come often.

But anyways, welcome to real life. Anhedonia and dysthemia it's going to be from here on out... My as well get used to it.
>>
>>17960395
I didn't go to this site at all last year, I just came back because nothing changed. I spent two weeks doing nothing but reading - no internet/games - and I felt nothing. Hemingway, Cervantes, McCarthy, Shakespeare, Dumas, etc.. The pleasure I used to get from books just wasn't coming. And that's how it is with most things. My goal right now is passing time until I can see a therapist, and 4chan is good at that.

>>17960411
Are you sure? Why do you think it's impossible to recover from?
>>
The last time I felt rapture and bliss was when I was alone in deep meditation.

External pleasures are temporary and at most enjoyable mostly in memory and nostalgia.

This is the nature of things and you're just labelling it as some disease.
>>
>>17960445
Then why is this so uncommon? Why are people able to devote themselves to a passion for years? It doesn't make sense - that's not a natural thing. Hardly anyone loses most of their pleasures by the time they reach adulthood. It sounds more like I was just unlucky.

And why meditate if it's only going to remind me what I'm missing? Can you please elaborate on your experiences?
>>
Get up off your ass, lift, eat well and go outside.
>>
>>17960464
>Why are people able to devote themselves to a passion for years?

Concentration and joy/rapture. When you say passion I think you mean something they enjoy right? These are two qualities are also needed to enjoy meditation.

>It doesn't make sense - that's not a natural thing. Hardly anyone loses most of their pleasures by the time they reach adulthood. It sounds more like I was just unlucky.

When you do something 20-30 times, does it not lose its grip and appeal and thus the pleasure it provides you? You can still enjoy things by the sole fact that you are able to experience them.

>And why meditate if it's only going to remind me what I'm missing? Can you please elaborate on your experiences?

Meditation has two purposes, to purify the mind and strengten the mind. How you handle meditation is much like how you will handle life, others and yourself. \

meditation should remind you its possible to each such states of bliss and rapture. Only when you are calm and your mind has been stilled. Of course its harder to be happy like this in reality but its a reminded how powerful and how much potential your mind can achieve.

I use meditation as a way to reflect and manage my stresses. It's part of my habit and I feel off without it. Its a nice way to recharge without sleeping. The hard part of it is you need to get the ethics of your life in check to achieve more out of it. And perhaps the even harder part is to maintain that sense of center in everyday life. I suggest you read the 7 factors of awakening.

The joys that normal people feel are fleeting, and they need to reup or get their fix and thus are never truly happy. By experiencing life to its fullest capacity, without mental fetters, you are able to share and enjoy life with yourself and others.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.