[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think my gf is bipolar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I love her but she's beginning to drive me up a fucking wall. One moment, she may be high strung, completely infatuated with me and talking without breath for hours on end...the next, she wont answer my phone calls, threatens to break up with me for the dumbest, most miniscule shit imaginable.

She complains feverishly about stupid things that most people wouldn't even bat an eye for. She worries /cries endlessly about the same dumb shit, over and over; continues to bring up the same dumb subject even after we've already discussed it about 100 times over.

I'm stretched thin. I'm exhausted to shit. My energy is all but drained from me. I want to be supportive for her but I just don't know how? I want to bring up this possible psychological condition of hers but I fear what consequence that it could bring.

How can I discuss this to her without hurting her feelings?
>>
>>17959997
Cuck her OP. You know this is not going to be a LT relationship, so why are you wasting your time her? Just finding someone new
>>
>>17959997
>How can I discuss this to her without hurting her feelings?
You probably can't.

Being easily hurt, blowing reasonable criticisms way out of proportion, only being able to talk about your problems when she's in the 'right mood'... These are all part of the same pattern.

>I'm stretched thin. I'm exhausted to shit. My energy is all but drained from me. I want to be supportive for her but I just don't know how?
Is this sort of thing reciprocated? Or are you the only one bending over backward, stretching yourself thin, and walking on eggshells?

My suggestion is that you find someone who cares about you (or a professional who's paid to), and talk to them about this situation.
You aren't likely to fix her, and it sounds like you may need to work on setting some boundaries to protect yourself.
>>
Come talk with us in discord - we're bipolar too. https://discord.gg/DbqhC7R
>>
>>17960084
I don't want to leave her, I want to make it work...otherwise I wouldn't be here asking for advice.

No. It's not reciproctated.

She's not dangerous, she's just emotional unstable.
>>
>>17960248
Been here, done that. Liten to a true story.

My GF was similar. I tried everything. We were 2,5 years and about 7 months of my trying to save the relationship.

I we were going to a couple therapist (6 months) I was going to a personal therapist also. Didn't work out. Dumped her, cried like a baby but now I'm fine. Lot to much energy trying to save the relationship.

The end line is that, no matter how hard you want for it to happen and try. As long as she does not see the problem and WANTS to do something about it. It will fail, you will only lose time and be miserable.

My GF told me for months that she wants to do something with the issues. Somehow nothing big happened. On our vacation she screamed at me that I have to accept her as she is. Left her 3 days later. It was 3 months ago and I feel much better.
>>
>>17959997
sounds more like borderline personality disorder. read up on it and see which one fits more.

borderline tend to go from holding someone in a high sense of esteem to quickly lowering them to protect themselves from feeling abandoned.

most deal with compulsive behavior. does she or has she ever self harmed, or have issues with money/compulsive spending or shopping?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.