[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a girl or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1953.jpg (131KB, 1000x681px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1953.jpg
131KB, 1000x681px
I'm 25, been single my whole life. Never got a girlfriend by my own choice. I've had opprotunities in the distant past, but I was not in the position to do anything about it.

Right now as I sit here, I don't know if it's worth getting a girlfriend or not. when I observe my friends and their relationships, part of it looks nice. But other parts look incredibly frustrating and exhausting. So I'm not really sure if it's even worth stepping into those waters or just stay on my lonley, but nice island.

What should I do?
>>
don't use "my friends relationships look frustrating" as an excuse.

it's your life, you can create the sorts of relationships you want.
>>
>>17959928

Well, it's just how people are. Even if someone is in a really great relationship, they will still go through really frustrating times together. I recognize that would happen with anyone eventually
>>
>>17959935
not really. I've been seeing a girl for 4 years, I see her once every week or two. It's perfect for me. Every time I see her we have fun, but there's nothing to argue or get upset about because I maintain some distance. It's not a typical relationship, but it suits me just fine.
>>
You don't need a girlfriend to have sex and if what you're missing is companionship, go out more and socialize, meet people, develop hobbies where you'll meet new people. Go out with friends and meet their friends.

From experience i learned that a relationship isn't something worth pursuing because most of the time you'll end up with someone you don't really want to be with for the rest of your life and all the hassle that a relationship brings will feel pointless.
I choose to just let it happen naturally and try not to get too attached to anyone.

Also, don't make the mistake of comparing your life to how YOU THINK other people's lives are. You don't know what's going on in their lives, what their problems are, if they are happy with their relationships or not.
Most of the time, we only see what people want or allow us to see. Most people are full of problems and fighting everyday to scrape by, a lot of couples are unhappy and wish they were single, then there's also the people that are young, single, have a whole life ahead of them to build up opportunities, a career, valuable friendships, success, but they are depressed instead, because they are not in a relationship with an imaginary ideal person.

Just live and enjoy the ride bro, fuck that noise.
>>
>>17959970

That's an actual relationship, not FwB?
>>
>>17960016

>You don't need a girlfriend to have sex

Well, I don't feel comfortable having FwB..
>>
>>17959922

if you're happy, fulfilled, comfortable, or at least as much as you can be despite regular life problems, than don't worry.

if you yearn and feel the desire to chase, go for it.

do whatever you want really. donjt force yourself to find a girl if you dont want to, but if you meet one and she strikes your fancy, why not
>>
>>17960112

>That's an actual relationship, not FwB?

See, that's my point.
You have a thing in your head of what a relationship is supposed to be, and you equate that with frustration and hardship. And you have a thing in your head about 'FWB' and you equate that with, I don't know, immorality or something.

Just do what the fuck you want and what makes you happy, don't put a label on it and try to make it conform to what other people are doing.
>>
>>17960122

>if you're happy, fulfilled, comfortable, or at least as much as you can be despite regular life problems, than don't worry

I agree with you on that. I'm really working on myself and I'm working toward a career that is very important to me. Realistically it probably is better for me to be alone.

Just, sometimes I feel lonley. Not all the time. But sometimes I wish I had someone to cuddle with and watch TV together with.

I'm sure it's TV and movies that push this image into my head. But it's still there I guess
>>
>>17960140
>But sometimes I wish I had someone to cuddle with and watch TV together with.

So find someone that wants to do that. You don't need to start planning for marriage with every girl you interact with.
Girls get lonely too. I'm sure there are girls out there who would like to cuddle and watch TV without getting too serious.
>>
>>17960147

But what happens when she meets someone else who can offer her a real relationship?
>>
>>17960140

>better for me to be alone.

maybe. you have to remember that relationships aren't absolutes. I date around. mostly flings. I work in film and i just break up with my partner as soon as i start filming any major project that will take more than three weeks cuz the chances are we'll break up during that time anyways.

should you go out and try to marry the first girl you see? no. but if you see a girl, and shes cute, and you can date her for a few months before parting ways, why not?

>i feel lonely

we all feel lonely. im the least lonely person i know, but it still happens. its okay to be lonely. its okay to desire human contact.

this board tries to divide the world too evenly. you're either a horrible needy dependent person, or completley independent and pure. but its not the way it works. were all on a bit of a spectrum, but we ALL want some form of affection. it doesn't make you less of a person. its human.

>im sure its tv and movies that push this image into my head

or basic human evolution. even if certain aspects of that have been bred out, others still exist. we are meant to give and get affection. i have no desire to date, but its still my natural instinct to want something cute sitting on my lap that i can compliment and send to get me beers.

doesn't mean i have to settle down and marry her, but its a natural urge. its not wrong to want affection.

whats bad is having this unstoppable whiny entitlement and disdain from not being able to get it.
>>
>>17960158

then let her do that ? Or if you like her enough that you really want to keep her around, then form a """real""" relationship with her
>>
>>17960159

>but if you see a girl, and shes cute, and you can date her for a few months before parting ways, why not?

I don't know why, but this doesn't make sense to me. I'm not looking for "the one" or anything. But why would I date a girl if I already know that it'll only last a few months? I wouldn't want to get emotionally wrapped up in shit just for it to end right away.

>>17960163

I don't even know where to meet a girl who'd like to cuddle and watch TV Tbh
>>
>>17959970
SOUNDS LIKE SHIT. wait till u live together retard
>>
>>17959922
theres people who get married in their 30s and 40s. get off your high horse.
>>
>>17960225

>whats the point of this
>it doesnt make sense to me

to cuddle, to love, and move on. why pet a puppy you see if you dont get to take it home? cuzi ts cute and deserves some lovin
>>
>>17960315

I know that. But I dont see what that has to do with anything

>>17960328

I hear what you're saying.. I dunno. It just seems different to me
>>
Go out and find one sometimes they can be annoying or start arguments with you, but nothings better than having a girl to love and spoil
>>
>>17960225
>why would I date a girl if I already know that it'll only last a few months? I wouldn't want to get emotionally wrapped up in shit just for it to end right away.

You don't "know" anything about a girl anyway. How are you supposed to know how long it's supposed to last before you even know her?

Going into relationships already expecting them to last a long time is actually a big part of being CREEPY. You should just meet lots of girls and enjoy yourself, and if you really get along well, then take it further.
>>
>>17960521

That's sort of discouraging Tbh
>>
>>17960527

meeting new girls and getting to know them is fun. until you get in that mindset you probably aren't going to have much success with women.
>>
>>17960572

I don't even know where to begin. I'm not around women in my daily routine.

I don't see single women at the gym, I don't have any female co-workers.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.