[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girl thinks I'm not funny enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (110KB, 1267x722px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110KB, 1267x722px
So this is a new one for me.

I'm 22M, kissless virgin. I usually don't care about that too much, and I've never really tried to get in a relationship. I've always waited for things to come to me, without much success.

Anyway, I've met a girl recently, and she's completely my type. She's nice, funny, and into arts. However, she told me by message today that she's "scared because she doesn't feel as intelligent as I am". For the record, I am not smart, not at all. She is way more intelligent than I am (She's soon going though very long studies, while I will drop out soon). She also told me I'm "too much into intellectual stuff, not funny enough". I remember she told me the biggest quality she could see in someone is the sense of humor.

It is true that I am usually bad at showing my emotions, but saying that I don't have a sense of humor hits me hard.

Anything I could do about this? How do I learn to be a fun person to be around
>>
>>17959079
This girl sounds really insecure and sends up a bunch of red flags. She's already said she's not into you. Don't try to change yourself for a girl. Be a better you for yourself and damn it, there are other girls out there anon.
>>
>>17959105
Well I guess this is the answer I needed but don't wanted. Thank you anon
I guess
>>
>>17959115
Didn't mean to be too harsh but it just pisses me off when I see people trying to be something for the wrong reasons.

"She's afraid of me because she says I'm too smart"
That just screams insecurity and future manipulation.
"She said I'm too intellectual and not funny enough."
So then she makes statements about how you're not "enough" for her.
Doesn't sound like someone to pursue romantically man.
>>
>>17959131
No I mean you are right in everything you said. It just sucks that for once that I have an opportunity with someone it doesn't turn out as good as I expected
>>
>>17959139
Ok I understand now. That does suck. I feel for you.
>>
>>17959079
Sounds more like she's not into you. "scared because she doesn't feel as intelligent" sounds like pretty bullshit reason (haven't heard that one yet lol).

This would be IMO more reasonable explanation of what happened: You tried too hard to impress her with intellectual topics that you actually came out as boring and shallow person in her eyes. This can happen even when you're a perfectly normal and fun person otherwise.

Here's my useless advice:
1. Stop referring to yourself as kissless virgin. Don't obsess about this topic.

2. Don't try too hard to become fun person - or you might end up funny instead, i don't think girls want to date a clown either.

3. Back off from that girl. Give her cold shoulder. If she'll put any effort into keeping in touch with you - try again, but make it clear you're interested in her in romantic sense - not as a friend. Invite her out on a date, coffee, whatever. If she won't keep contact with you, she wasn't worth the wasted time anyway.

4. Regardless of how it turns out with your interest, keep looking for other opportunities. She made it clear that she's not interested as of now.
>>
>>17959079
Let's practice

I'll call you a faggot and you call me something funny back

OP you're a faggot
>>
>>17959154
>You tried too hard to impress her with intellectual topics that you actually came out as boring and shallow person in her eyes. This can happen even when you're a perfectly normal and fun person otherwise

That's exactly what I thought may have happened. Sucks to be me

>>17959158
big words from anonymous
>>
>>17959164
>That's exactly what I thought may have happened. Sucks to be me

I've been there mate, you'll learn from it. The point here is - she's unapproachable right now unless she'll show you otherwise.

Don't make the same mistake as i did: follow her around for half a year, end up in a friendzone while hoping she'll see how i'm really different. I've ignored other available girls and wasted a lot of time.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.