[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got an offer for another job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: work-0.jpg (236KB, 2001x1501px) Image search: [Google]
work-0.jpg
236KB, 2001x1501px
So I'm currently not very happy with my current job as a developer. I got an offer and told my boss that I wasn't happy here and he asked me what things could he do to keep me. So I told him and he said that he will do that because they wanted me. I was happy that he wanted to do the changes so I decided to stay.

Couple of days later the same company that made the offer (which I refused) made another one. Too good to say no. Now my boss Is doing a plan to make me happier at the company but I want to take the offer now. I know it's unprofessional but the other offer is better for my career. But I would feel awful for my boss since he is doing everything to keep me...

What should I do ?
>>
>>17958812

Gotta do what's best for you.

The company will do the same. You're best for it... right now.
Couple of years time, they've got fresh new faces, maybe too many hires and they've got to cut back. You said once you were unhappy.
They need to get rid of people, then they'll drop you like a tonne of bricks.

Shit, might not even get a severance package or a payoff of any sort. Might just be putting too much pressure on you and stressing out until you either snap and go fucking nuts and cock up on a colossal scale, or quit. All so they don't have to pay a goddamn penny to get rid of you.

Seriously, don't think the boss, or company cares about you as any more than a means to an end.
Move on.
>>
>>17958812

how long have you been at current job ?

this is the key here, you can always get better job offers (for awhile anyway) but too much hopping around will definitely ruin your career

plan on staying minimum 1 year if you've been at your current job 1+ years who knoiws ?

another tip - whining to the boss about getting a better offer works ONCE, after that the company puts a mark in your file and the next time you try this stunt they'll say - fine GTFO
>>
>>17958849
my boss is great and two other coworkers had left, he has a lot to deal with If I also leave I will feel bad...

>>17959009
I've been a year, it's my first job and to be honest it wasn't what I thought It would be, that's why I did an interview...
>>
>>17958849
>Shit, might not even get a severance package or a payoff of any sort. Might just be putting too much pressure on you and stressing out until you either snap and go fucking nuts and cock up on a colossal scale, or quit. All so they don't have to pay a goddamn penny to get rid of you.
This happened to me once but I barely even noticed at the time. Probably just too much of an autist. Ended up getting a large severance package in the end. Apparently I waited them out or something.
>>
>>17959270

well you need to decide if another year is worth it, will the skills & experience you get at that place look good on your resume ? if so then 2 years is better than 1
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.