[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become a security guard in a major city? Is that job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1879.jpg (294KB, 1123x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1879.jpg
294KB, 1123x800px
How do I become a security guard in a major city? Is that job well enough to support yourself?
>>
>>17958476

Get a security license, which is easy, then apply.

There are always security companies hiring because security attracts the dumbest most expendable fuckwads on the planet, so they get recycled often.

Yes you can support yourself on it, and its an easy job because they have to expect you to be retarded to turn to security to begin with. Pay-wise though you'll be making as much as you did if you worked at McDonalds.
>>
>>17958479
Is it really minimum wage?
>>
>>17958479
Truth.

It's common though for security guards to work nightshifts/on the weekends which depending on your location can greatly increase your monthly pay.

It's an alright gig I suppose, personally I'd get too bored of it after a year or two but it pays the bills and often there's not a lot going on.
>>
>>17958479
>they have to expect you to be retarded to turn to security to begin with.

Why is that?
>>
>>17958561

Consider that to be a cop most people already assume you're borderline retarded.

Now imagine where on the totem pole you must be to have become security. Beside that, as was said, Security goes through people like toilet paper because it's just so common for stupid people to orient toward security.
>>
A lot of security folk need to hold 3 or 4 different jobs because of the bad pay and short hours.
It's a common side job for policemen, fitness instructors, arts martial teachers and other goon-related carreers too and these guys fare a little better than those who do security as their main thing.
Also, the pay is substantially lower in cities than in the country for a simple matter of supply and demand. In small towns you're usually hired to steadily guard large properties in regular hours, while in the cities most offers are for night and weekend shifts in clubs and restaurants.
>>
File: 1465693109423.png (412KB, 423x602px)
1465693109423.png
412KB, 423x602px
Get a guard card?

The guys at my work don't do shit. They just man the metal detectors, do sweeps of the parking every few hours.

Seems comfy.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.