[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loneliness/ depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4967.jpg (63KB, 500x543px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4967.jpg
63KB, 500x543px
How to deal with loneliness? Vidya isn't cutting it anymore. I go to parties actually mingle and meet new people but even then I still feel this overwhelming feeling of loneliness regardless if I'm successful communicating or not. And my depression is getting worse. Any advice is appreciated.
>>
Going to parties sure is a blast but you should aspire to a range of different relationships, some of which go deeper and allow you to be closer to other human beings. Parties and the like are typically just surface-level.

Fortunately, there's no hard and fast rule, there isn't really a way a friendship can be quantified- what I mean is you've everything to gain. Less videogames is always good.
>>
File: 1479008745125.jpg (85KB, 609x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479008745125.jpg
85KB, 609x1080px
I'm experiencing the same problems as you, OP. I'm finding that my problem is that I am shutting friends out who could otherwise be there for me on a deeper and more meaningful level of interaction. Just be cautious that you aren't doing the same.
>>
When I go to parties or a pub, I simply make drinking-friends. These are people that I barely say hello to when we bump into each other while sober.

I think you need to look for other arenas to meet people, and you might want to actively look for people with similar interests. If I share very little with someone, it usually ends up with little to no contact after a very short while.
I simply forget about them, and/or can't be bothered.
>>
>>17958060
>less video games is always good
I agree. Over the past few years I've been rapidly losing interest in vidya every since I turned my life around. I no longer need them to feel the void. I can focus more on other things now but without vidya the depression and loneliness hits harder. I can go out with friends have a good time build a relationship with a girl, meet meet new people and still feel lonely and hollow inside. When I try to talk to my friends and family about my depression and loneliness they just brush it off. I'm not suicidal but the thought of me thinking about it sparingly scares the fuck out of me.
>>
>>17958087
My heart goes out to you anon. I hope for both our sakes we find our answer to find either balance or happiness

>>17958097
That's not a bad idea. Problem is i don't know anyone that remotely shares the same interests as me. I understand that nobody is just gonna swoop into my life and make everything better. Everyone wishing for something like that but it never comes. I understand change comes from within but I don't know where to start or who to talk to
>>
Shameless bump
>>
File: CvL8WlIUsAA8rc4.jpg (224KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
CvL8WlIUsAA8rc4.jpg
224KB, 1200x900px
>>17958041
>How to deal with loneliness?

Hobbies. I make domes!!
>>
>>17958041

Are you in a relationship, anon?

I think there's a big difference between being lonely and being alone; even if you're always around other people and going to parties and forcing yourself to interact you can still feel completely lonely. I feel the same way you do all the time, and it's really fucking draining, both physically and mentally.

The best way to cure this overwhelming feeling of loneliness and to help your depression would be to find a relationship, and not just one for the sake of helping you feel better, but one that actually gives you a sense of purpose and a will to live and find happiness.

If you're already in a relationship, then you might want to talk about this with your partner (if you haven't already); otherwise, I think this is the way to go.
>>
>>17958151
Agreed with this to a degree, but it's a whole other thing to discern between getting with someone to help you feel less lonely vs. meaningful relationship etc. etc.

I myself am lonely, not alone, but surely lonely. I capitalize on this however I can and pursue athletic and intellectual interests; reading, picking up new hobbies, learning a new craft. I suppose what I do is curb potential boredom or the feeling of loneliness by getting as much as I can out of life.

Just a fun example: I've picked up traveling more; when my budget meets a certain mark, I'll travel to a state I've never been to (I'm in the US). I'm almost 25 for 50. Having lots of fun, even though I go by myself.

There may have been a time I felt particularly depressed being lonely, but now I don't anymore.
>>
>>17958151
I am in a relationship
>>
>>17958131
I see what you did there.
>>
>>17958041
What helped me ... dating. Online dating that is. It's relatively comfortable getting to talk to girls without having too much to lose and with a pretty low danger level of spilling spaghetti because you can take your time writing messages.

Well, at least in the short term. Got together with the first girl I met, after a short "getting to know her" phase of a few weeks falling in love while our relationship became complicated and now it seems to be over as soon as she finishes her "break" from me and we sit together and talk how things are going to be from now on between us.

... buuuut this is my specific story and you can do better or have better luck than me I guess.
>>
>>17958460
Disregard that ... I've just read that you are in a relationship so that won't help you.
>>
>>17958185
>>17958151
>>17958135

I see. So you're saying I should circumvent the loneliness with a new hobby or past time?
>>
>>17958463
It's cool. I appreciate you taking the time to try to come up with a solution
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.