[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dreams you've given up on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1483205742448.jpg (119KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
1483205742448.jpg
119KB, 500x749px
ITT: Dreams you've given up on.

>Be me
>Love music, just love learning everything about it
>Start writing music when I was a freshmen in highschool
>Have dreams of scoring for movies and games, wanting to be the next John Williams or Koji Kondo
>The older I get the less time I get to actually write anything
>Hit 12th grade and faced with teachers and counselors continuously bombarding us with questions of what we want to do with our lives
>Tell them I want to score music
"You'll most likely be living with your parents"
>Mostly responses like that
>The main reason for them asking us is to provide a bit of realism, so we don't live in cardboard boxes, I guess
>Start questioning myself, "Should I do anything with music?"
>After a while I just lost my passion, and gave it up
>Still don't know what I want to do with my life
>Currently graduated, looking at community college

From time to time I still write small piano pieces, but nothing quite as big as I use to write.
>>
fuck em as least try, but make sure you have a backup plan.
>>
>>17957762
Most I can think of is to do commissions on the side, but nothing to the scale that I dreamed of when I was a kid.

Gotta start small I suppose.
>>
>phd in math $300k starting

feels bad
>>
OP one of the biggest most ridiculous problems in the world today is how there is almost no reliable way to help decide what you want to do after highschool. Teachers and people in college say "Oh it's ok you have to experiment and possibly waste years of your life before you figure it out and maybe even pick the wrong major and start over again with a new major after you graduate. You may change majors and careers for the rest of your life and that's totally normal" And to that I say that is a fucking ridiculous idea and a horrible excuse for not having a better more reliable way to make such a crucial life altering decision in deciding what you want to do.

There should be a website. Or some effort from the government or somewhere funded by a lot of money to research and figure out how to make a website or something that will make it extremely easy for people to decide what to do after highschool. I am surprised that nobody has tried to tackle this problem. It would be the next facebook if somebody tried to do this.

If you want to learn to write music well then it's time to step up your training methods that you're using to get better at writing it. The pressure is on to get good enough to make money off of your music because you will need it to survive. So it needs to be good enough for people to want to buy it. You'll need to figure out how to effectively advertise your music and make it available to the public because even if your music is great if nobody hears it then it doesn't matter. Go figure out how you're going to get the best education on that music and pursue it. Find a college that teaches music better than any other college and apply to it. Step your game up tremendously on this.

Your teachers can go suck a dick for putting any doubt whatsoever into your head about pursuing your dreams. Don't listen to those cunt buckets. You want to do music more than anything else. Follow that dream and never look back.
>>
>>17957809
>There should be a website.
glassdoor.com
>>
>>17957757
As someone who loves music and is REALLY horrible at it, please don't waste your talent. I would kill to make good, listenable pieces but I can't. Write for yourself as a hobby, you'll be surprised how good it feels. Maybe you could form or join a cover band and play small gigs in your free time. If you're good at something don't let it disappear and go to waste, man.
>>
>getting friends
>getting a girlfriend
>having a normal social life
>>
>>17957809
>>17957815
Thanks for the support guys
>>
>>17957826
Same
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.