[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I meet positive , kind people ? Trying to fix my shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: negativity.jpg (19KB, 650x374px) Image search: [Google]
negativity.jpg
19KB, 650x374px
Where can I meet positive , kind people ?

Trying to fix my shit and I'm starting to realize that pretty much everywhere I go people are pure negativity, judgment, and ego. I try to remind myself to let it go but it's just so pervasive I don't even know how to deal with it.
Even most boards on 4chan are just shit-flinging and insults .. but where else would I go? Reddit is pure ego. Twitter, tumblr, etc. are full of hate.

What can I do??
>>
>>17957563
>I try to remind myself to let it go but it's just so pervasive I don't even know how to deal with it.
And why do you let other people affect you? We can't control how other people think or are as human beings.

The best way to deal with it is changing ourself and our attitude towards negativity, judgment, and ego. You may say It’s not
that easy. I won’t argue with you. Being reactive is way, way easier. It’s easy to lose your cool. That doesn’t take any control. And it’s easy to whine and complain. Without question, though, being proactive is the higher road.

Is there pure negativity around you or you just see only negativity?
>>
>>17957607

It's not even what people think or say, it's just like this terrible energy they give off that makes me feel sick to my stomach.
I can maintain my cool in an interaction but when I'm stuck in a classroom or even at home and someone is exuding this kind of energy it makes me feel like I want to vomit or I'm getting stabbed in the heart or something.
>>
>>17957618
I can relate. I used to get so physically ill from other's negative emotions and I'd feel so so saddened. I've learned that I need to take a mental step back and breathe. I need to actively look for the positive in people and situations. I feel a lot freer now and less upset by other's emotions. I encourage you to research emotional regulation.
>>
Do you mean online? If real life the people you meet on a night out are usually nice (the people you meet because everyone knows everyone, not totally random strangers), and people who are on the same side as you, like at work, or experts in the same field, can be friends. Also, any meetup where the purpose is to enjoy something.

The "general public" online isn't nice at all. You will have to visit smaller sites and get into friendship groups. No matter what you will run into morons online. It doesn't matter if you're on Twitter, a debate group or a GNU kernel programming mailing list, they will be there.
>>
>>17957658
>I encourage you to research emotional regulation.

thanks anon, started reading on wikipedia and it seems interesting. Reminds me of what I've been reading in 'crucial conversations'.

>>17957679

online , and in real life too. it seems so hard to find kind people anywhere.
>>
>>17957563
I feel like some cities are just all around toxic. Every person in em is sick and just farting out bad vibes.

You just gotta get out of there. Also the little secret is that most people our age are depressed. Okay, maybe not most but much more than usual.
>>
>>17958450
you're probably right. I'm in Toronto and it can be pretty awful but I don't have much to compare to. what are the nicest cities you've been to ?
>>
>>17957563

I know that feeling. I am quite sensitive and successful at work and I cannot swallow the jealousy around me.
>>
>>17959911

I feel that clearly my boss and coworkers expected less from me. It is awful.

I have discovered that going around other people during lunchtime and boast a bit about my work helps me with my self steem. I have to disconnect emotionally from my colleagues and in the long run, find another job.
>>
>>17957563
I don't think anyone past the age of 12 is positive... Buy someone you know lunch? That might coax a smile.
>>
>>17959966

it's not even that I want them to be positive for me - I literally just don't want to have to feel like shit because the people around me are radiating death.
>>
File: friendly003[1].jpg (118KB, 852x640px) Image search: [Google]
friendly003[1].jpg
118KB, 852x640px
>>17957563
>Where can I meet positive , kind people ?
Involved in nature. Go to the park, camping, community garden...
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.