[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get back to exercising more to improve my mood. Thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I want to get back to exercising more to improve my mood. Thing is I hate going to the gym, and that's out of the question for me anyways.

I just want to start running, going on 20-30 minute jogs (I go to school in a pretty scenic area). Is doing pure cardio going to get the same effect of lifting to feel better about yourself? I used to lift and I remember it having great effects on my mood/confidence. Essentially I want to get back on this, but I don't wanna go to the gym. I love exercising alone.

Could I just get some 20lbs dumbbells and do basic lifts after each jog?

thanks
>>
>>17957481
don't be lazy and go to a gym.
>>>/fit/ read the sticky
>>
>>17957481
Yes, you don't really need the gym. The only benefit of the gym is there's more equipment.
>>
Long distance runners experience what they call a high. It is just a massive release of endorphins, so yes jogging will improve your mood, likely more so than lifting.

On a side not, gyms are for those with no self motivation. Your bodybis all the equipment you need. Never been to a gym in my life, I've let my cardio go down the drain lately but physical strength is unparralelled by those who go to the gym.

Push ups, situps, squats, hand stands, dig some holes, get someone to sit on your back while you do pushups, hold rocks while you do sit-ups, now your lawn with a manual push mower. People were far stronger before there were such things as supliments, steroids, gyms technology and what not, simpilly because they had to be. Take a page from their book and you will see results that most people can't even with steriods
>>
Are you looking for a running buddy and fitness partner?
>>
>>17957531
ignore dummies like this

>>17957586
/thread
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.