[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friend of mine convinced me that in order to fit in society,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Friend of mine convinced me that in order to fit in society, I have to "dumb down".

I'm too "analytical" and go too into anything. I need gf or atleast a fuck buddy next semester anons. It gets lonely after countless of times of finally talking to cute girl, only for her to ask about another guy she's into.

How do I "Dumb Down" anons?

Next Semester will start in a few days, I will use these advises promptly and effectively.
>>
>>17955527
Sounds like you don't need to dumb down, it sounds like you're legitimately autistic and need to work on rationalising social skills, because you're not going to pick em' up instinctively like most do.
>>
>>17955549
Implying you're right, any examples?
>>
>>17955556
Well, provided you're reasonably attractive and the like, do you know when you're boring people? Do you read social situations well? Do you know how to hold a conversation?
>>
>>17955560
I know when I annoy people.
I can also notice when people fade away from the conversation with me. But it there any way I can leave the room without being awkward? Like ok, you hate when I'm talking and you're slowly walking back or focusing on something else. What do I do?
>>
Maybe I'll just stop trying to be funny, noone gets my sense of humor anyways.
>>
>>17955744
What's your sense of humor like? A lot of dumbasses like fart jokes. Even women.
>>
Sometimes if you get interested the other one has his own logic even if its not the logical logic,
If you get interested in emptiness and think even small things are wise
If you think life worth to be and logic is here to help life to be zone outside
Then you'll fond out a new goal of freedom of the spirit in life.

Solely, i think logic comes from your spirit and soul of your mind, and comes from non-logical stuff like (i'm the vacuum of my mind) or (i don't understand why I lose understanding of my mind) or (I'm thinking I'm wasting time not to be and I want It to release out some concrète (logical) stuff (be focus on emptiness)).

Good luck with mind then.
>>
>>17955527
Well you didn't give us much information but. You probably don't have to "dumb down", you just have to learn to read people better, and realize when your analyses are unwanted. Sometimes people just want to relax. It's not dumbing down, it's learning about how people feel
>>
True mantra (be careful before reading)
The one misconcieve emptiness
As personne with little wisdom
Would mishandle the snake
And thus suffer

Indeed de misconcieve emptiness
Indeed we don't look for wisdom
Indeed we have Ennemis inside
Indeed all thèse mâke us suffer
--> to be proved, the last sentence, that indeed It is IT that make us suffer
>>
>>17955891
Because life is nothing without a goal, and the goal make us misconcieve ourselves to achieve It, indeed we are empty but want to be full of a suffering that make us want a goal, and lose ourselves.
The truth is (bouddha quote) that we are empty and want to be full. Good luck !
>>
You shouldn't "dumb" yourself down because overanalyzing isn't smart in the first place. The intelligent this is coming to some sort of conclusion in reasonable time, when I enter my overanalysis I notice I simply loop my thought patterns ad infinitum, unable to decide on the matter.
>>
>>17955527
Omg so easy

Here's a good trick

Pretend you're the host of a talk show. Everything she says about herself and her life is interesting and it would be a shame if you didn't hear the end of the story.

These stories may not make sense and may reveal a profound lack of understanding of the world but they're usually sincere so worth listening to, and if you like her voice you can just ignore the words and mimic her facial gestures

The less you say about yourself the better because she's going to fill in all the assumptions she makes about you based on your appearance

This is where things get really easy

Just wear what everybody else is wearing and smell good

So again if you present yourself as the clean confident chad that every girl creams over, some girls will support that fantasy with you because that's what they want you to be. Does that make sense?

Hope this helps
>>
>>17955527
You don't have to dumb down. Use your knowedge. But you just have to coddle people. Read them, gauge who they are and specifically use knowedge of yours that you know they will like. Avoid shitting on people's terrible taste and opinions. I know it's hard when a grown man or chick tells you they unironically like Disturbed or Ramstein, but just try. Or when a grown person tells you the love harry potter. I know how difficult it is. But just hide your power level.
>>
>>17956299
He's talking about over-analysing the arts and society itself, not your fucking mistakes or interactions you philistine.
>>
>>17955566
You need to coddle people. That is the key to being social. Simply stroke their egos and refrain from critisism.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.